Motor Insurance fraud against my name & address

Options
This week there have been TWO attempts to insure different cars against my name and address.The first I noticed because of an unusual pending transaction. I contacted the company and it turns out it was taken out online with my card details but wrong email and vitally D.O.B.
I got the policy cancelled and refunded then cancelled my card via the bank"s fraud department.
Today I find a letter from MORETHAN (different company to the first attempt ) with a certificate of insurance for a different car taken out against an unknown card (presumeably as I had cancelled mine) using my name and address again taken out online. On ringin MT they had already detected the fraud as I have genuine policies with them and details were again incorrect.

Now, my question is is there anybody I can register with to stop or varify any insurance being taken out against my name and address is genuine.
BTW the first company"s fraud dept were excellent but MT would not put me through to theirs but just gave me action fraud and the insurance fraud bureaux numbers.
Any help or advice much needed.

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I've got a lovely thick file of these. Lots of different insurance companies, the people taking out the insurance all seem to drive BMW's.

My CC was not involved - it seems the "scam" was to pay the first instalment in cash and the rest by SO. The companies were writing to my address (not my name) to chase the Bank details.

Not had one now for a couple of years
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • moneybags1957
    Options
    Can anyboby give me a DIRECT phone number or email for RSA ( Morethan ) fraud department. The numbers on MT website are for action fraud and insurance fraud bureaux, both I have already.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure