IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Havent recieved a NOR or NTO

Options
Hey all,

I have a question about a parking fine I seem to have been involved in.

I wasn't aware of this fine until it showed up on my credit score as a CCJ. I have had no letters or calls or anything whatsoever.

I found out through the court issuing the CCJ who the company is (UKCPS), and I have sent them three letters within the space of a few months. I used the template letters on this site and followed the guidelines on their site so they have all the relevant info.

I have heard nothing back, I have no proof that my car was parked illegally and I haven't had any tickets. I really have no idea what to do as the guide to appeal says I need a NOR and a NTO. If the fine is at the CCJ stage is it to late to appeal? Where do I appeal? Is there any chance that this will be removed from my credit rating?

Thanks again for your help.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    if you have a CCJ then its too late for any further appeals

you need to read up on SET ASIDES and pay £255 and try to get it set aside and your costs back too , then you defend the original court claim

there are hundreds of threads on here about this so read a dozen or more, plus read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread as well, especially about MCOL procedures and set asides
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 April 2018 at 1:32AM
    Options
    I have heard nothing back, I have no proof that my car was parked illegally and I haven't had any tickets. I really have no idea what to do as the guide to appeal says I need a NOR and a NTO. If the fine is at the CCJ stage is it to late to appeal?
    You have wasted months trying to contact UKCPS instead of simply applying to the court to get this set aside (and it is fairly simple, with parking firm ones).

You have been reading stuff about Council parking tickets! NOR and NTO are terms that have NOTHING to do with UKCPS and you appear to have been reading about the system used by the TEC. This is not what you should be doing; this is a private firm, a County Court matter, not TEC/Council PCNs.
    Where do I appeal?
    You don't appeal, you apply to the County Court for a set aside.

Is there any chance that this will be removed from my credit rating?
    Every chance, but stop faffing around. The Court will expect you to have acted quickly and all you've done is try to contact the claimant instead of applying for the CCJ to be set aside.

Act quickly now, it costs £255 fee to the court but you can include a draft Order asking for that to be refunded by the claimant, should you succeed or if they discontinue the claim after the CCJ is set aside.

You need to read post #2 of the NEWBIES THREAD, top of the forum (see below, 2 clicks away).

Also search this forum for SET ASIDE £255 and you'll be amazed how many threads we have about it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 3 April 2018 at 8:20AM
    Options
    You need to get a grip on this and do some serious research, or employ an expert to sort it out for you. Here is some information, read it until you understand it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=1inDWqG_AcGlsgG7oLeAAg&q=ccj+set+aside+process&oq=CCJ+set+aside&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0l10.2965.7964.0.11738.13.8.0.5.5.0.177.1281.0j8.8.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.13.1556...0i131k1.0.ReKLrHHyWHY

Your priority is getting the set aside removed, fighting the PCN can come later.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    .... Is there any chance that this will be removed from my credit rating?.....
    Simply paying it now won't remove it from your credit rating.

The only way to get this removed from your credit files is to get it set aside as advised above

Bear in mind that the creditor can at any time enforce the judgement they have already won against you, (eg bailiffs/attachment of earnings etc), all at your cost, so if applying for a set aside include a request that a hold be put on any enforcement proceedings pending the outcome of the set aside request

You say you have known about this for months, and will need to explain to the court your delay in requesting a set aside - one of the requirements for a successful set aside appeal is that you request it as soon as you discover you have a ccj against you that you were unaware of!
  • Marchant2651
    Options
    Hey guys,

Right so Ive had a letter back from UKCPS and they have provided evidence.

The parking is horrendous and not even in a spot. I will have to pay the fine.

To spin this on its head, it was my ex wife that was driving and you can clearly see her in the photos walking towards the car, staring at the camera. I confronted her about this and she admitted lying to me about it.

Is my best course of action to still go for the set aside and plea that it shouldn't be on my credit file at all, but instead on my ex wifes?

Thanks again guys and gals
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is my best course of action to [...] plea that it shouldn't be on my credit file at all, but instead on my ex wifes?

You are wasting you time, and £255.00, with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure