Getting a CCJ removed

Options
Hey guys! My first post so please take it easy with me lol.

A friend of mine wanted me to act as a guarantor for an Amigo Loan (I know they should avoid such a company when I found out what they would be paying back I refused to act as a guarantor).

While I was filling out the form, I learnt that I have a CCJ on my account which came from CityCarClub, which is an on-demand rental company. I dealt with them prior to them being taken over by Enterprise and are now called enterprise car club.

I didn't receive any correspondence and I had always been charged the full amount owed via direct debit and never missed a payment. I am therefore led to believe some sort of technical error during the acquisition period led to my account being considered bad debt and now I am left with a CCJ which has impacted my credit score.

What chance do I have of getting this removed? How can I find out the right court to contact? I am happy to pay this debt immediately but I would much rather have this CCJ removed than just be set as 'satisfied'. It has already been on my account for over 1 year.

Any advice would be good.

Regards

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Surely you would have noticed if a DD for car finance wasn’t leaving your account?

What date was it issued?

Had you moved in that time and not informed them?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    County court judgements cannot just be removed, if you have a defence to the original claim, with a good prospect of success, then you could apply for a set aside.
    Or, if it’s a genuine error by the creditor, they may agree to a set aside if you ask them.

This will cost £255.00 though, unless you qualify for remission.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mrtobz wrote: »
    I am therefore led to believe some sort of technical error during the acquisition period led to my account being considered bad debt and now I am left with a CCJ which has impacted my credit score.

A business doesn't go to the trouble of issuing a CCJ on a whim. You'll need something more substantial than a belief. Facts would be more appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure