Dismissed on the grounds of redundancy

Options

Comments

• Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    It's possible the NHS would commission the Op to provide the service in the community (much like GPs are) but I agree with you on the whole.

I will just add im in a redundancy position now and fully agree regarding any SAE that comes up - though nothing been offered yet, with 7 weeks to go.[/QUOTE]

Good luck - it's not a nice position to be in.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Manxman_in_exile Posts: 8,380 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 February 2018 at 5:26PM
    Options
    workers have too many rights, this is why public sector just becomes more and more costly. Because they can't let anyone go, threat of tribunal, refusal to leave and demanding a role elsewhere etc.

It's no wonder the gig economy is booming, because employers have far too much red tape.

I'm guessing OP is in the public sector, utterly dysfunctional and unproductive. So many hangers on

So why are there so many complaints on these boards about "private sector providers"? They must be better surely?

EDIT: what about NHS; education; protection of children; protection of vulnerable adults; refuse collection; highway maintenance etc? Do you make no use of these services?

You're not a FMOTL are you?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Learn to use forums. Do not add your comments inside quotes.
    Im fine using it the way I like thanks.....
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im fine using it the way I like thanks.....

typical public sector attitude. I guess you need to get on a training programme sanctioned by your union before you will learn to not add your text into another persons quotation.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    typical public sector attitude. I guess you need to get on a training programme sanctioned by your union before you will learn to not add your text into another persons quotation.

Lots of posters do this, including many well established ones. Often easier to read when the post being commented on runs to several paragraphs
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    typical public sector attitude. - i've worked private sector too, I know which ive found more rewarding for both myself and society as a whole I guess you need to get on a training programme sanctioned by your union before you will learn to not add your text into another persons quotation.

Typical nonsense - it's a shame you'd probably be classed as right wing, rather than just loony!

So i'll keep it simple - I can say and do as I wish.
  • cjmillsnun
    Options

What a rude and nasty person you are.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lots of posters do this
    Indeed they do
    including many well established ones.
    That doesn't make it the correct way to respond.
    Often easier to read
    Really? Easier than this?
    when the post being commented on runs to several paragraphs
    Copy and Paste is your friend.. :D
    I can say and do as I wish.
    Well, that's not quite true. Posting is a privilege, not a right.
  • seatbeltnoob
    Options
    So why are there so many complaints on these boards about "private sector providers"? They must be better surely?

EDIT: what about NHS; education; protection of children; protection of vulnerable adults; refuse collection; highway maintenance etc? Do you make no use of these services?

You're not a FMOTL are you?

Interesting you mention public services, yes they do a good job. Some very essential jobs, but the public sector is overstretched. They have financial cutbacks. So if they cannot afford to employ you anymore, jog on and find another job. A tribunal costs them a lot of money. The cost of defending themselves in a tribunal probably costs them the wages of hiring a staff for the entire year

Funny how some people who defend the public sector and public sector will at the same breath recommend someone fired by the public sector go speak to unions and take them to a tribunal.
  • seatbeltnoob
    Options
    Lots of posters do this, including many well established ones. Often easier to read when the post being commented on runs to several paragraphs

it may be convenient for you, but its confusing to others, especially those who haven't follow the thread all the way. Also it's not possible to reply to your comments in red font that you put inside another persons quotations because the forum won't quote within a quote.

I guess this is the preferred mode for people who like to bury the heads in their sands and not have to deal with countering views. As it effectively reduces the ability for someone else to quote and counter them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure