Will I lose Some or All of My Tax Credits

Options
I am first time poster so I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

My husband earns around £30,000 a year and I am currently not working. We have one child 7, one child 4 and one child 2, so we get around £70 a week in Tax Credits.

I have been offered a job which is 11 hours per week and around £280 per month.

Before I take the job I need to know if I will lose any or all of the £70 per week Tax credits and I can't seem to find an answer from the .gov websites. I have also tried asking the question directly and it seems to be a secret as the Tax Credit people wont or can't answer the question either.

Basically, I don't want to find I am earning £70 per week but then having £70 taken off me, or even worse, end up paying it back next year!

Please help :).

Thanks

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    michelle99 wrote: »
    I am first time poster so I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

My husband earns around £30,000 a year and I am currently not working. We have one child 7, one child 4 and one child 2, so we get around £70 a week in Tax Credits.

I have been offered a job which is 11 hours per week and around £280 per month.

Before I take the job I need to know if I will lose any or all of the £70 per week Tax credits and I can't seem to find an answer from the .gov websites. I have also tried asking the question directly and it seems to be a secret as the Tax Credit people wont or can't answer the question either.

Basically, I don't want to find I am earning £70 per week but then having £70 taken off me, or even worse, end up paying it back next year!

Please help :).

Thanks
    Try putting your details in here. This will give you some idea https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    Are you under 25? 11hrs per week for £280 per month would be £5.87 per hour. NMW is £7.50 if over 25 (£7.05 if 21-24).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure