No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2017

Options

Comments

• fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I've been away for a while - moving house, friends wedding, crazy work etc.

I have still been using things up, and trying to minimise ins, but I've not been tracking them. But I'm back in anyway - and I hope everyone is well :)

A few recent ins that I remember:
    - Tigi Dumb Blonde reconstructor (conditioner) x 2 (750ml size) – HG, though I’m not quite done with current bottle yet, but bought as I was near a B&M bargains with a car, and they were reduced from £9.99 to £6.99 each!
    - Very expensive Erno Laszlo face cream to review – costs £100 apparently?!
    - Hair chalks from Primark! – for Glastonbury :D

PP list for the month:
    - Tigi dumb blonde Conditioner (current bottle, not new)
    - Monu primer
    - Philip Kingsley Elasticizer
    - Clinique eye serum
    - Benefit lip gloss
    - Organic Surge face wash
    - Crabtree & Evelyn Shower gel
    - Elemis Papaya enzyme face mask
    - Organic Surge body cream

And I'll join in with a summer challenge too - 5 by summer:
    - Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. Just want rid of this, but there’s nothing wrong with it, so I have to use it up :P
    - Erno Laszlo face cream
    - Kedma eye cream (using on d!colletage)
    - Ark face scrub
    - Soap and Glory Micellar water – has cucumber in it, which I hate (I can smell it), but I haven’t got much other makeup remover, so might as well use it.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KT2802 wrote: »
    Going to go through my stash tomorrow and change up my make up for the month. Had my hair done last weekend and am really not happy with it, it's very yellowy :( haven't had my hair dyed for a while so am very disappointed. Know I should go back and complain but I just can't face it. Going to try leaving a toner on it for a while but need to buy one first. Had a toner put on it in the salon but was only on for a few minutes.

My hair dresser advised me to use purple toning shampoos not just as shampoo, but as an occasional mask for the colour. It totally works!

About once a fortnight now, while I'm doing a conditioning masks on the ends, I'll mix in some purple shampoo with a little of the conditioning mask and cover the hair from the roots.

It really does neutralise the yellow much better than just shampooing - my hair colour now stays really cool toned. I even used it after a new hairdresser gave me some highlights that were a little too yellow for me.

Btw, personally I use Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Purple Toning Shampoo - I find it much more pigmented and effective than Touch of Silver etc.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've got a few products that are going to be finished soon, but they just keep going on and on. They must end soon.

fixx I also use the Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Purple Toning Shampoo, it's so much better than Touch of Silver, this actually works unlike Touch of Silver.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Outs and Ins.
    GA Pantene Hello Hydration Shampoo 400ml
    Conditioner as above
    Garnier Ultimate Blends for dull, dry hair shampoo 250ml

NBI Olay Eyes Illuminating Eye Cream for Dark Circles
    I've definitely had this before, but not under this name. It's a highly reflective eye cream in an odd see through pump bottle. The cream is visible as strands of two different elements, that wind around each other in a helix. Loved it and so chuffed to be offered it to review. Made up for the disappointing Laura Geller lippy.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I tried my dry shampoo from Lid!, a Batiste dupe. I think I may have accidentally hit on the secret of getting really good results with this for me.
    I sprayed it in, worked it through my hair and then pottered around and did a few other jobs.
    I remembered I'd sprayed it in and brushed it out after about half an hour. I got results I was really pleased with, it brushed out beautifully and backcombing to get it all out added good volume.

Definitely adding this to my list of regular buys, I can now get to a Lidl regularly, but will remember to get one on my next visit as I've no idea how long the can will last, it's so long since I've used dry shampoo.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    There will be a collection at work, at the end of this month for Smartworks.org. They are asking unopened skincare/make-up too and I will see what I can part with and donate.

Gone through my stash and chose 12 products. Can't remember all names but 1 hair mousse, 1 facial cream, 1 mascara, 1 lip paint, 2 x bronzers, 1 little bar of soap are among them.

Also TA a Sleek mascara , it was dried out.

No INs. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Gorgeous weather indeed!
    ally.
  • pinkfluffybabe
    pinkfluffybabe Posts: 2,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Second UU of April:

Elizabeth Arden 8hr creme. WNBA. I'm sure I've got at least another two of these kicking around :p
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • seekingthesunlight
    Options
    Went on a long shopping trip with a friend around a bunch of department stores, and managed not to buy any more makeup, thankfully! I have far too much to get through as it is.

On the UU front for this week, just one measly one. Nearly all my splutterers have held out for another week!

1. Center Parcs Bath and Shower Gel in Citron Vert (50ml) - WMBA. I mean, I wouldn't go to Center Parcs just to pick one up :D but would use again if another one came my way.

Sealed Pot Challenge No. 179!
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    used up a toothpaste.... it has been so long since i had a used up.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Two UUs this evening:

Avon Planet Spa Thai Lotus Flower Body Souffle WNBA. Thank God it's gone. Used as a foot cream.

Lush Your Mother Should Know bubble bar WMBA. This was nice but I don't know whether I'd buy it again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure