Child maintenance

Options
Advice needed, my 18 year old has near enough finished 6th form. But because she isn't getting the grades she wanted has now decided to start college in September doing a full time 2 year course. The course is A level equivalent. My ex had told her he won't be paying child maintenance over the school holidays (jul-sept) because she won't be in full time education. Can he actually do this? I'm pretty sure he paid for our other child right up till she was 19. We have an agreement of what he pays so no other part is involved. What can I legally do if he decides not to pay? And who can I get in touch with?

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CMS deals with these sort of issues.
  • Igilao
    Igilao Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, DUTR is right! you better go and ask to the CMS and they can handle your issue.
  • harris497
    Options
    Hi, the claim won’t stop if the child is FTE at a non advanced level and working under 24 hrs.

So as she is enrolling in college at A Level the claim continues.

You need to make CMS aware if she prestressed to a more advanced level of qualification ie HNC level and above and that continue until she’s 20 (as long as she works under 24hrs)

The NRP will require to pay
  • BAFE
    BAFE Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why isn't he paying July and September? surely your daughter will be in full time education for part if not all of those months
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure