Bulb WHD 16th Oct 2019

Options

Comments

• dcweather
    Options
    Bulb good for me. Very good customer service. Only downside so far is that having SMets2 Smart meter fitted I find the In House Display unit very flakey and it crashes or loses data acquisition quite frequently. Has improved a bit recently though.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dcweather wrote: »
    Bulb good for me. Very good customer service. Only downside so far is that having SMets2 Smart meter fitted I find the In House Display unit very flakey and it crashes or loses data acquisition quite frequently. Has improved a bit recently though.

Interesting I'm hoping for a Eco7 storage heating type smart meter in next few years.

Meanwhile I sent my WHD application tonight.
    Hope my rapid iPad photo of working Tax Credits statement is enough.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    seems to have added an extra lever of safety net to protect there money

I recieve ESA and have been elegable for WHD for any yrs , this yr bulb have added

In addition, one of the following must also apply:

you’re responsible for a child aged 16 or younger who normally lives with you
    you’re aged 65 or older
    you get a disabled child premium
    you get a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium (this includes Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment and Attendance Allowance)
    you get a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium
    you get the 'limited capability for work' or 'limited capability for work and work-related activity' element of Universal Credit
    you get the disabled child element of Universal Credit
    you get the disability or severe disability element of Child Tax Credit
    you get the Carer's Premium or Carer's Allowance for someone in your home
    you get the disability or severe disability element of Working Tax Credit
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Twhite house

you get the disability or severe disability element of working tax credit.
    This is why I'm re applying via Bulb this year.
    This has been successful with SP+SSE
    In addition to my part time wages <12k in my example.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    I only get ESA and housing benefit this was acceptable by sse and others over the last 5 yrs

bulb have upped the anti to reduce claims
  • Dandytf
    Options
    I only get ESA and housing benefit this was acceptable by sse and others over the last 5 yrs

bulb have upped the anti to reduce claims

I thought they increased criteria rather than decreeing
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    I thought they increased criteria rather than decreeing

yes , they have added sections (hoops) you have to jump thru
  • Marks1
    Marks1 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Bulb, I moved to them through this very site as they were a recommended supplier, and they were green, and cheaper.
    I moved from another supplier as they did not offer the WHD.
    I am on contribution based ESA, as I have worked all my life, due to illness I am now severely disabled and on higher rate PIP.
    I contacted Bulb back in the spring before I switched, to check whether they had the WHD, and they said yes, so weighing up the potential savings from switching and the £140 WHD, I switched.I also rang them and emailed them in the summer to check when they were open to applications and said I was in receipt of PIP. They also confirmed I was eligible.
    It appears I no longer fulfil their criteria, they only accept ESA (IR), and there is no mention of PIP.
    So being disabled having worked ALL my life, has no value in terms of this company's criteria, and I am no longer saving money,as the offset of WHD is no longer avaliable to me.
    It would be very useful if the energy companies would advertise to whom they provide WHD and what criteria, as it seems a lottery. Can MSE provide such a list? Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    To those affected.
    I also think PIP could have been left as there are a few million yet to be moved over to UC.
    Myself included.
    I do make this years criteria only as I switched to part time during 2017 after 5 years of continues m.s.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    and the mistakes , or rather making it up as they go along are appearing

"Thanks for getting back in touch here. I've spoken to the head of our WHD team here about the matter and we've been clarifying that question specifically.

Because the core group are required to be 65 on that specific date, we matched that with the broader group however it has been confirmed that if you are 65 at the time of applying, you'll be eligible and will be paid. If you answer yes in that question in the form and as part of submitting evidence, are able to confirm you are 65 at the time of applying, that will be sufficient."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure