Bob Dylan-Hyde Park

Options
I think this comes under heading of value for money? Did anyone go to Hyde Park to see Bob Dylan. We left about half hour from end along with many many others. We couldn't even recognise any of the songs. Apparently, he has taken to deconstructing his songs, he bashed them all out on a piano. Must say it was one of the most disappointing events I have been to. Was a huge fan along with my brother in the 60s and 70s and have not really kept up with his career. Anyone else seen him recently? Am I missing something? It came across as arrogant with a disregard for all the fans who'd paid to see him.

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,825 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 August 2019 at 12:20AM
    Options
    I didn't go myself but know a few people who did and most of them really enjoyed it. And if you're talking about value for money, don't forget you got Neil Young on the bill as well. Shame that they didn;t do a number together as they did in Ireland the following night.

Bob's been doing his 'deconstructing' for quite a while now, so I'm a bit surprised that you're suprised by it - it can't have been that unexpected.

Rich Hall had him sussed years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGarNIXpWm4
  • ceewash
    ceewash Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rich Hall got it spot on:rotfl::rotfl:

I know I should have done more research, I'd just got bit nostalgic about Bob and thought at least I would be singing along to some classics - Blowin' in the wind, It ain't me babe etc. Don't even know if he sang those songs. The crowd around me were visibly deflated as the night went on. Tbf I had been warned, I just took no notice.
    But not a guitar in sight!!!

Neil Young was great and had the crowd singing along to some classic tracks. Yes a duet would have been good/ light relief.

At least it didn't rain. Lesson learned etc etc
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,825 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ceewash wrote: »
    I'd just got bit nostalgic about Bob and thought at least I would be singing along to some classics - Blowin' in the wind, It ain't me babe etc. Don't even know if he sang those songs.

Well, by leaving early you missed Blowin' in the wind, but you just didn't recognise It ain't me babe

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bob-dylan/2019/hyde-park-london-england-7b9e8e80.html
  • ceewash
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Well, by leaving early you missed Blowin' in the wind, but you just didn't recognise It ain't me babe

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bob-dylan/2019/hyde-park-london-england-7b9e8e80.html

Yes I saw it on the set list and listened on Youtube. Didn't miss much. Emperor's new clothes going on. I just don't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPXrPaj5NFs
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I imagine he has got thoroughly fed up with playing his past hits in every show he does, even though that's what a lot of the audience would like. I don't imagine he needs the money so he plays what he fancies to amuse himself and still gets the audiences.

I saw him in Cardiff a few years ago and a lot of the concert was him singing from the great American songbook which I enjoyed very much.

Maybe one should go to concerts without trying to anticipate what songs will be included to set yourself up for a disappointment.
  • ceewash
    Options
    I think I was more disappointed with them being 'deconstructed" rather than the set list. Like I say, fans who followed him more closely would probably have known this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure