Abusive buyer

Options
Sold a gold number sim card on ebay for £15 buyer opened and item not received request stating the item was not as described the sim card he received had a different number to the one advertised
This was the message he sent in the not received claim
The simcard enclosed is NOT the number whch was advertised, The simcard sent has a different number , which i topped up and then had to claim a refund back from O2. the number which i paid for has been disconnected since December, so this is clearly a scam, which is why you have sent the item by royal mail, basically you a a piece of !!!! and a liar and a cheat and a THEIF.

I didn't understand how this had happened so I asked him to send me a picture of the sim the sim he received was as described in the listing all the sim serial numbers match on the pack and on the actual sim and the number was clearly on the pack have no idea why the number is different.

He then sent a few more messages calling me a fraud and scammer demanding a refund
Ebay closed the not received case as he had received the item.

I have asked him to return so I can look into the matter its either a network mistake or he has already received the pac to port the number when I call the number I just get the number you have dialed has not been recognised which is standard for a sim that has not been activated.

In the return he has put a picture of the label and package for return he has put the 50g sim card in a large box and printed off a 1-2kg ebay label which once returned I have to pay for.

Any advice on how to handle this would be much appreciated

Comments

• ballisticbrian
    Options
    Personally, I would speak to eBay on the phone as they may be able to see if this is going on before with this buyer and also explain what he has done with the return label.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • allison445
    Options
    I spoke to ebay a few times they just keeping telling me to wait till item is returned and then appeal not sure how you do this as I say first time this has happened I would usually just refund to save myself any further problems but on this occasion being called a piece of shi! and all the rest of it was a little upsetting and the fact ebay allow it via messages was an eye opener.
    His feedback is private so no clues there either,
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    That would be fine, but did you specifically mention the disproportionately expensive label you are being expected to foot the bill of the unnecessary cost?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • allison445
    Options
    Yes I explained this to them as I was unsure if they had made the mistake and this was the label they had gave him to use or he had specified the weight himself just keep saying to wait until returned and appeal and that if he does not use the label I wont be charged.
    On a plus side at least the nasty messages have stopped
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport