Aqua Credit Cards: Problem obtaining cashback

Options
I took out an Aqua credit card in March 2016 after seeing on MSE that it offers 0.5% cashback on all purchases. I was told that any cashback that had been earned is paid in the month following the anniversary of joining which, in my case, would have been April 2017. To date I have accumulated over £90 in cashback but have failed to get it paid to me. I have spoken to Aqua a few times, the last time earlier today, and they have told me that quite a number of accounts are experiencing this problem due to a 'known technical error' and there are no further updates as to when the matter will be resolved.

This is simply not good enough and it seems like Aqua are just hanging onto money which is rightfully ours. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They're not hanging on to it. They have systems problems as they often do.

It'll be resolved
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was under the impression the cashback was paid back into your account not to you, so it knocks a chunk off the balance at the next bill.

Indeed if I look on Aqua's website it says:
    The difference is that it also rewards you for doing so. It gives you 0.5% Cashback (up to £100 per annum) on everything you buy, provided you stay within your credit limit and make your minimum repayment on time.

- A 0.5% Cashback reward paid into your account every year

I have presumed "account" means "credit card account", not bank account. Indeed when I had Santander's 123 card that's how it worked and I didn't presume Aqua would be any different.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you wish you can make a formal complaint and take it to the ombudsman if not satisfied. The FOS don't take kindly to lenders making offers and then failing to keep to them.
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Same problem for me, raise a complaint and you will get it paid in fact if like me you'll get it twice in the form of goodwill gesture and then the cash back although it did take over 12 months to get applied.

John
  • Summerskye
    Options
    Yes I was expecting it to be deducted from my monthly statement but that hasn't been the case.
  • Summerskye
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    If you wish you can make a formal complaint and take it to the ombudsman if not satisfied. The FOS don't take kindly to lenders making offers and then failing to keep to them.

Do you mean make a formal complaint to Aqua? If so how would I find the right address to direct the complaint to?

Thank you for your advice.
  • Summerskye
    Options
    john1002 wrote: »
    Same problem for me, raise a complaint and you will get it paid in fact if like me you'll get it twice in the form of goodwill gesture and then the cash back although it did take over 12 months to get applied.

John

Thank you John. I'll do that and hopefully it will be resolved.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Summerskye wrote: »
    Do you mean make a formal complaint to Aqua? If so how would I find the right address to direct the complaint to?

Thank you for your advice.
    http://www.aquacard.co.uk/complaints/
  • BoxerRules
    Options
    My cashback is paid annually as a credit back to the account under the title 'Loyalty Reward'. Check your statement in case you have missed it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure