The (not so old) Crocks Cafe

Options

Comments

• philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome....day so far? having an off one pain wise but dont grumble...epsecially when free cake is on offer!
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the pain I get a lot of back pain and joint pain, and have wheatie bags all over the house ready to grab (the sort that you heat in a microwave).

I have spent the whole day searching for a decent photo printer (have just joined a camera club) - found what I wanted, searched for codes, went through rpoints.... in true MSE style.... eventually got to checkout only to find that there is no availability in ant stores in a 60 mile radius. Arrrggghhhhhh!

But at least I know which one I want now :o
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • philnicandamy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    well least you know what you need....hmm know how frustrating it can be though for sure! I had something smilar a while ago & with my arthritis/back prob/crumbling knees its easier said than done to get out but I do drive under protest..just dont walk very well (drive an automatic car) I placed an order online to collect in store to be told yep we have what you want ready by blah blah...I dragged myself down to the store to be told...sorry the computer told you wrong grrrr!!!!

no wheatie bags....have a couple of teddie bears that microwave (I know not a good luck for a grown bloke!) but hey if it helps :o
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Options
    Ahhhh! Teddies! They sound lovely, where do you get them?

Yeah, I drive an automatic car now too - changed over in 2005, best thing I ever did!

I have back problems and I use a chi machine (you lay on your back and put your ankles on the machine and it moves your legsgently from side to side, so that the motion goes up your back in a sort of fish movement). Anyway, it works for me when I have that snatchy pain that makes me yelp, and I feel more relaxed when I've used it.

Having said that, it has been languishing at the back of a cupboard for months, I think I have just convinced myself to get it out again!
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • philnicandamy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Micro teddies were from here (beddie bears!)

http://www.calmncomfy.co.uk/acatalog/microwave_teddies.html

Hmm my back trouble came from a car accident a coupld of years ago, ended up with a couple of crushed vertebrae..along with everything else..in turn this has affected nerves in my hand (no feeling) and my shoulders & neck...although saying that Chi machine sounds fun!
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Options
    Oh thanks! I might have to treat myself to a teddy now!

I got my chi machine from a local place, but this is the sort of thing:

http://www.winhealth.co.uk/Chi%20Machine.htm

I injured my back in a car accident too, but when the MRI scans were done they found I had a degenerative condition of the spine - so it turned out I was an old crack all along, I just didn't know it yet ;)

Right, I'm off to do some more research on photo printers......

Help your self to coffee and cakes :D
  • altocumulus
    Options
    coughs, scrapes chair along floor towards keyboard....

chocolate eclairs - are they on the menu...?
    Black coffee with a large dash of Tia Maria would go down nicely too...
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Mine's a cappuccino with a dash of vanilla.

Lovely cafe, very welcoming. May it stay open a very long time...
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • altocumulus
    Options
    Mind you, service is a bittie slow ..... (scrapes tongue off of cheek bone)
  • sheldon08
    sheldon08 Posts: 29,570 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. :hello:

I work with adults with Learning Disabilities and some also have physical disabilities so will pop in here from time to time if nobody minds. :o

I'm sure I'll learn lots from you guys and hope I could maybe offer support to anyone who cares for a person with LD at home. :)
    :dance:Mash p'tater, mash p'tater:dance:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport