Help! We have no TV or WiFi at home. How can I download music playlists to listen to later?

Options
Hi all

It’s Friday afternoon and my wife and I have just booked into a lovely country cottage. I have to say we did not read the description very well on AirBNB and it now transpires that we have no TV and no Wi-Fi in our property. To be fair this is our fault and not fault of the property because it does say at the bottom of the listing that this is a country retreat away from a technology to be fair this is our fault and not fault of the property because it does say at the bottom of the listing that this is a country retreat away from technology. The problem is that we didn’t read this bit. Anyway on to our Cottage. The cottage is beautiful but being from a major city I think we will pull our hair out if we don’t get a fix of technology back at the cottage later. There are a couple of country pubs close by that offer Wi-Fi so we are able to download films music and videos etc to our iphones . So I am writing this post for some information how I can download some music whilst we are out for later on when we get back to the cottage tonight because I will not be able to go on YouTube because there is no decent phone signal. So my wife and I really love 80s and 90s music and I am looking for you guys to suggest some way that we can download Lots of music songs from this era to Our phones for us to
Listen to tonight. . I am aware that there are podcasts out there but to be honest we have always been lazy and never had to download a podcast so we don’t really know what we are doing. With this in mind we would be very grateful if you guys would give us some hints and tips on how we can download certain radio shows our playlist with lots of music. We plan to download them to our iPhones and then hopefully listen to them back on the iPhone when we get back to our cottage later.

I know that some of you guys out there will be splitting your sides laughing at this and pointing out that you pointed out years ago we are too reliant on technology. lol and behold The wife and I may be even forced to have a normal conversation lasting more than three minutes

Comments

• EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    You do know that people listened to different kinds of music in the eighties and nineties, don't you?
  • Aubrey_Thicket
    Options
    Come on. No jokes. It’s getting dark and me n the missus are going to end up having a sensible conversation. NOT good. Lol.
  • dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You can either buy the music online, with whatever services allow you to do this still.
    You can get spotify premium and then download the music offline, this requires a subscription.

Once the music is on your phone, either listen through the tinny speakers, or get some bluetooth speakers.

If you want podcasts, you need to be able to download the file - this will depend on if the podcast creater allows you to do this.
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Download a radio app on your phone and listen to music that way?
  • 8ofspades
    8ofspades Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    What about one of the music streaming services? Many offer a month's free trial, so time it right and you can get it for free. Create your playlist of music, then set it to download so you can listen offline when you have wifi. I've tried Deezer, Spotify or Tidal. Most of them have preset playlists or compilation albums you can download, if you don't fancy searching for songs individually.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    Come on. No jokes. It’s getting dark and me n the missus are going to end up having a sensible conversation. NOT good. Lol.

Wasn't joking. Meant for you to be more specific. Some people were listening to rock. Some to pop. Some to Jazz...
    What kind of films? Comedy? Horror?
  • danthemoneysavingman
    Options
    Get a spotify free trial, get app on your phone, build a playlist of what you want listen to (search for such and make a playlist, add to it.
    Then set the playlist to download.
    then you have the music at your disposal.
    cancel the trial at your leisure after your break

as for films, what would you be watching them on? seems like a poor choice if on your smartphone!
    Let me Google that for you...
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    What a fantastic cottage, just do without the carp for the weekend!
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

It’s Friday afternoon and my wife and I have just booked into a lovely country cottage. I have to say we did not read the description very well on AirBNB and it now transpires that we have no TV and no Wi-Fi in our property. To be fair this is our fault and not fault of the property because it does say at the bottom of the listing that this is a country retreat away from a technology to be fair this is our fault and not fault of the property because it does say at the bottom of the listing that this is a country retreat away from technology. The problem is that we didn’t read this bit. Anyway on to our Cottage. The cottage is beautiful but being from a major city I think we will pull our hair out if we don’t get a fix of technology back at the cottage later. There are a couple of country pubs close by that offer Wi-Fi so we are able to download films music and videos etc to our iphones . So I am writing this post for some information how I can download some music whilst we are out for later on when we get back to the cottage tonight because I will not be able to go on YouTube because there is no decent phone signal. So my wife and I really love 80s and 90s music and I am looking for you guys to suggest some way that we can download Lots of music songs from this era to Our phones for us to
    Listen to tonight. . I am aware that there are podcasts out there but to be honest we have always been lazy and never had to download a podcast so we don’t really know what we are doing. With this in mind we would be very grateful if you guys would give us some hints and tips on how we can download certain radio shows our playlist with lots of music. We plan to download them to our iPhones and then hopefully listen to them back on the iPhone when we get back to our cottage later.

I know that some of you guys out there will be splitting your sides laughing at this and pointing out that you pointed out years ago we are too reliant on technology. lol and behold The wife and I may be even forced to have a normal conversation lasting more than three minutes

Well that's in stereo!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport