Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sorry tweets, i reset my computer and only just noticed my settings had changed on postimages.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2018 at 4:49PM
    Options
    Just incase anyone missed their email from groupon for a £10 Mr T e voucher earlier in the week I was sent another email today - so its not too late.

This was for an account I forgot I had, last used almost exactly a year ago

Yes I forgot to go through TCB :mad:

Just figured out if I log out of my normal email on the app on the phone and log into this account the QPR code then shows :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    just got in from work, phone beeps to say my parcels are ready for collection from boots.............I work opposite it lol and then my sister rang me to say there were some 20p 5L screenwash at our asda and now you lot are tempting me with cakes.............off to parents evening in a couple of mins - may divert with DS1 who loves cakes, bribery will easily win this one!! lol

only thing I found at work today was some more own make deodorant mens purple one at 18p. I rechecked the prices of a lot of the reduced stuff and some has gone back up and some has stayed the same so next week I reckon that will drop again x
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just went through renewal process for car insurance.

Juat me driving, fully comp + protected no claims, £350 excess.
    30yrs licence, no previous claims/convictions. 10 yrs no claims by myself. RIAS reneway quote £229

Comparison site have been annoyingly worse this year as all the quotes I thought were good, changed magically to worse through cashback sites. Manipulated by insurance companies? SURELY NOT! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Checked the MSE offers and comparison prices, so checked Churchill, comparison sites quoted £197 AND miracle of miracles, so did MSE £50 Amerzoom voucher :T:T:T
    So hopefully a net £147 for the year, fully comp, protected no claims and a lower £350 excess, when I normally set £500. so £82 better off for about 90 minutes work.
  • mhoc
    Options
    On shopimum Starbucks caffe latte for 50p - I noticed that,at least on my app it finishes today.
    Its £1 in Sainsburys but also in Asda??? - might be good for comparison shops

In Sainsbobs yesterday I acquired a receipt with two Bertolli lights on it for £1 each - GJ are giving 40p cashback. I wasnt sure if the light version would be allowed but it has been accepted.

I also got the chickpeas which were 65p with 30p cadhback and then found 2 tins of red kidney beans for 15p on the RTC section
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 March 2018 at 4:38PM
    Options
    Have we all got £5 off women's tops at Sparks?

Works on the 4.50 ones, so I just got a freebie.:D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• mhoc
    Options

It says tops over £10 :mad: and no clearance or sale items :(

Its only appeared on my least used newest card - not on the everyday ones :(
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    It says tops over £10 :mad: and no clearance or sale items :(

Its only appeared on my least used newest card - not on the everyday ones :(

Works on the 4.50 ones, so I just got a freebie.:D

Try it, mhoc x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    edited to say, cold pressed is a premium one, so a lot better than my normal. this type looks to be £4 in tesco so a better buy than i 1st thought.
    rap.pngrap2.png

I've been using this for couple of weeks.
    I only usually use Extra Virgin olive oil but must say I've not noticed any difference.
    It's cheaper and also British.
    I will buy it again.

Afternoon peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Order just confirmed.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure