Take That 2007 Uk Tour tickets

Options

Comments

• niteflite01
    niteflite01 Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    johnnhoj35 wrote:
    its v festival that is blocking the server.

if take that were doing a presale it would have been on ticketmaster, it would never have been on seetickets

Why would have not been on seetickets? Explain?
  • bella4uk
    bella4uk Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    emzie_86 wrote:
    Does anyone know what time they go on sale tomorrow?

9am...fast fingers to the ready.....kids will be going in early to school then I'll have to leg it home
  • johnnhoj35
    johnnhoj35 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    cos seetickets arent the main agents for take that. also their system is easy to get round even if you dont have the link which is why you are able to keep posting presale links on this board. which incidentally defeats the object of a presale. A presale that everyone knows about? that would be a general sale wouldnt it?

the demand is so high and the link would have gone like wildfire and it would have been pointless, thats why theres no presale

the best seats will be on ticketmaster for sure!
  • niteflite01
    niteflite01 Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    johnnhoj35 wrote:
    cos seetickets arent the main agents for take that. also their system is easy to get round even if you dont have the link which is why you are able to keep posting presale links on this board. which incidentally defeats the object of a presale. A presale that everyone knows about? that would be a general sale wouldnt it?

the demand is so high and the link would have gone like wildfire and it would have been pointless, thats why theres no presale

the best seats will be on ticketmaster for sure!

I don't think Take That have a "main agent" ticket-wise. Ticket allocations are shared out between all of the ticket retailers. Ticketmaster usually get more of an allocation because they're the biggest seller - not because they're a main agent, with any more links to the bands than any of the other sellers.

Don't forget, some of the venues also appoint agents to sell their tickets for them as each venue receives an allocation too, for their own box office etc.

Seetickets have recently changed their pre-sale system which makes it much more robust when it comes to people guessing pre-sales.

Most pre-sale links these days are posted on homepages, MySpace profiles etc, so really their effectiveness is negated anyway.

The Arctic Monkeys have the right idea. Issue pre-sale codes that enable the purchase of two tickets, per e-mail address/ip address etc etc. Makes the whole thing a little more pre-saley.

Also, you say me posting pre-sale links here defeats the object of presales. Tell that to the touts who also have access to the links via other means. I'd rather that genuine fans here get hold of pre-sale tickets than the touts wouldn't you?

This is a money saving board after all...
  • johnnhoj35
    johnnhoj35 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    i really dont wish to argue with you, it is a money saving board as you say. however,

firstly, the arctic monkeys presale was not password protected. the links were easy to extract once you got past the password entry page. likewise with the wet wet wet page, you could go directly to the purchase page and bypass the password quite easily. the only people who dont understand this are real fans. any tout worth his salt knows how to play these systems.

secondly, main agent = biggest seller, biggest seller = main agent. I wouldnt consider using anyone but ticketmaster tommorrow morning because (assuming it hasnt died under the traffic volume) seetickets will not tell you where your seats are for several hours. the site goes into some kind of `basic` operating mode when it gets overloaded so you could be sat anywhere!

thirdly, its more than naive to think that ticket touts dont watch these pages. its just one more step to making life easy for them.

the point I would agree with is that presales are pointless unless handled correctly.

Ticket buying is a science these days and Im afraid Joe Public stand no chance!
  • altyfc
    altyfc Posts: 788 Forumite
    Options
    Given that it appears there is no pre-sale, please could someone tell me what telephone number I would need to call? Also, would it be a premium rate number?

And, if trying to do it online, would you just go to the ticketmaster homepage and follow a link from there... will that happen at excactly 9am also?

Many thanks for any pointers...
  • IClaudius
    IClaudius Posts: 1,531 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday 2nd March and will be available from the tour credit card hotline on:

0871 2200 260;

0871 230 6230;

0871 424 4444.

Or you can buy online at one of the following:

https://www.gigsandtours.com

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk

https://www.ticketline.co.uk

Here are the dates the guys will be playing:

Birmingham NEC

Friday 16th, Saturday 17th, Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th November 2007

Tel: 0870 909 4133

Glasgow SECC

Thursday 22nd, Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th November 2007

Tel: 0870 040 4000

Newcastle Arena

Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th November 2007

Tel: 0870 707 8000

London The O2 Arena

Thursday 29th and Friday 30th November, Saturday 1st, Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th December 2007

Tel: 0871 984 0002

Manchester MEN Arena

Monday 10th, Tuesday 11th, Thursday 13th, Friday 14th, Saturday 15th, Monday 17th, Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th December 2007

Tel: 0870 190 8000
    "Sumptus censum ne superet"

Mental blocks are just hurdles to overcome in life.

Yeah..whatever :rolleyes:
  • altyfc
    altyfc Posts: 788 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, IClaudius... :)
  • Teresa60
    Teresa60 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Options
    Would you say, from experience, it is more successfull to buy the tickets online or on the phone? Never done this before, but I really want to see Take That! I've got their CDs from the first time round!!
  • Baby_J_2
    Baby_J_2 Posts: 637 Forumite
    Options
    I've always preferred to buy tickets online, however when Backstreet Boys done their Millenium tour in June 1999, I got the tickets for Earls Court on the phone and was lucky to get 4th row from the stage....God, I was so happy!

I got tickets for Backstreet Boys Never Gone tour in October 2005 online and got 13th row from the stage for the 1st night and 7th row from the stage for the second night.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure