Options
2»

Comments

• Oddjob
    Oddjob Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 April 2018 at 4:50AM
    Options
    What sort of dog is he? One drop of CBD oil twice a day is not very much, you start off on a small dose then work up the dose over 2-3 weeks, you can get it up to 12 drops twice a day if needed. You stop increasing the dose as soon as it starts to work. If you increase too much, it can go the other way.
    It just doesn't seem to me that you are giving enough for it to ease the pain or to be of any use.

For more information about CBD dosage, Rayanna at All Natural Pet is very good and really helpful - https://www.allnaturalpet.co.uk If you click on Contact, it gives her email address and telephone number, she is also on facebook.

Good luck at finding what's wrong and finding a cure.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try live yogurt. I always give it my two when they have digestive problems.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It might be worth finding a holistic vet.
  • Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tygermoth, how is your dog doing now?

We went through an awfully long pancreatitis with my dog. It's such a nightmare when they are in pain and you don't know how to help them. I hope your boy is feeling better x
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Battybird wrote: »
    My dog started having stomach cramps and a very noisy tummy. He seemed very, very uncomfortable. We tried him with various diets (slowly) We even tried grainfree.

What worked for him is Harringtons Salmon and Potato, bought in supermarkets. I know this is a cheaper food but his tummy is fine with this food. We feed him 3 smaller meals per day.

Years ago one of our dogs was suffering from what the vet thought was pancreatitis. Suggested we feed her on the tinned original Chappie wet food (smells disgusting, very fishy). Anyway it gave her a new lease of life, worked a treat.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• Oddjob
    Oddjob Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    melbury wrote: »
    Years ago one of our dogs was suffering from what the vet thought was pancreatitis. Suggested we feed her on the tinned original Chappie wet food (smells disgusting, very fishy). Anyway it gave her a new lease of life, worked a treat.

A lot of vets seem to recommend it
  • herbily
    herbily Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had to deal with most of the above symptoms but not the hypersalivation, in a dog with chicken allergy. The z/d is full of chicken liver, and chicken fat is one of the most common ingredients in dry food. It often says "poultry fat" on the label, but this generally means chicken rather than anything else. It's really hard to isolate the source of a food allergy because dogfood manufacturers aren't obliged to detail exactly what's gone inton food, but my vets suggested "novel proteins".

I was lucky enough to be given some venison mince from a neighbour whose freezer was on the blink, and she didn't dare eat anything in it, but she thought my dog might like it. Three days of venison and rice saw an end to the trouble. It took a little while to work out what he could eat - everything except chicken, as it turned out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure