Did you have a first dance?

Options
2»

Comments

• LunaaLouuby
    LunaaLouuby Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    We aren't having a first dance. Being centre of attention is my idea of hell! I love what you have ended up doing by getting everyone up to dance. Do you mind me asking what song you used?
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We figured we wouldn't get away with saying no first dance and that family and friends would bully us!

We actually had a couple of months worth of lessons and learnt a ball room routine which was good fun.

On the night though we couldn't quite do it - people crowded round shrinking our dance floor and I kept standing on my dress. We managed a couple of rounds then gave up and swayed (which is exactly what we'd wanted to avoid!) but it was still great and something to laugh about rather than being uncomfortable in the moment.
  • skimper
    skimper Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We aren't having a first dance. Being centre of attention is my idea of hell! I love what you have ended up doing by getting everyone up to dance. Do you mind me asking what song you used?

It was our idea of hell too. We got slot of d'oh but you need to have one!' Responses but end of the day it's what you want.

We had loving you easy - Zac Brown band. It's an up tempo country song so easy for getting everyone up.
  • LunaaLouuby
    Options
    skimper wrote: »
    It was our idea of hell too. We got slot of d'oh but you need to have one!' Responses but end of the day it's what you want.

We had loving you easy - Zac Brown band. It's an up tempo country song so easy for getting everyone up.

Great, thank you! We are in to pop punk/alternative music, so after talking it over we may use a pop punk cover version of a popular song everyone knows. That way we will be staying true to ourselves but making it easy for everyone to join in.
  • Theglovner
    Options
    May be a little late but I've only recently joined the Forums.

I play in a Live Band catering for Weddings/Functions/Corporate so have a fair bit of experience with weddings.

One thing I can say is that first dances are by no means a requirement these days.

We've had planned first dances with choreography, first dances danced off the cuff on the night, ceilidh requests for a first dance where all guests join in together and no first dance at all.

There is no expectations these days, it's your day, make your wedding what you want it to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure