Scottish Power Prepayment Customers

Options
matrix999
matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hello All,

I've just spoke with Scottish Power Customer Services about the price hike due in October. They have told me that customers who are currently on the prepayment scheme ie buying the £5 cards will not see a price rise.

Hope this is correct

Comments

• iannewbery
    Options
    Better bloody not do as well...had a chat with a Scottish Power rep about their high prices and he agreed that life was tough for prepayment card customers......so i have changed.........to Equipower...they do not charge a standard daily fee for the service..just the electric you use........

my economy seven night charge is cheaper now however my day charge per Kwh is slightly higher but i still make a saving of nearly sixty quid a year...........

have a look...........

do your sums and see if it works out better in your area......

http://www.ebico.co.uk/index.htm
  • matrix999
    Options
    I'll call Scottish Power again on Monday and see what another rep says. The one i spoke to though definately said there would be no price rise for prepayment customers......

We shall see what they say!!!
  • matrix999
    Options
    UPDATE!!!!!!

I have just spoke to Scottish Power CS with regards to prices being frozen for Prepayment Customers. They have confirmed to me that Prepayment Customers will not see a price rise until March of next year!!

Hope this helps.
  • iannewbery
    Options
    Scottish power manweb like all the other job lots charge higher prices to those on prepayment meters...they also charge a daily standing charge.....19.5p on scottish power per day. The company i have changed to do not make this charge and so i save. The company is the one i quoted above in the thread......

I am glad to see they are not putting up their prices however their starting prices are high in the first place......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure