IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Armtrac & Gladstones - Court Date

Options
heidim76
heidim76 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 17 March 2017 at 12:46PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, thanks to GinandMilk for your advise so far. And to everyone else for posting on these forums with amazing advise.

This is my story, thus far!
I parked at Sennen Cove in Cornwall in March as was rock climbing. Unfortunately, I took a fall, so was 20 minutes late back to the vehicle due to shock and injuries sustained.
We noticed the PCN on the windscreen and tried to find the parking attendant to explain what had happened, but he was nowhere to be seen.
We appealed to Armtrac explaining the mitigating circumstance and they rejected it. Second appeal was also declined. All along we have been polite, made our case clear, been honest and professional. Not once have Armtrac acknowledged my case or addressed me by name!

We have quoted 'frustration of contract' and have photogrphic evidence of my injuries and a witness statement from my qualified and highly experienced climbing insructor, whose advise it was for me to take 10 to gather myself on the rock face before continuing, after my fall.

Anyway, long story short, we now have day out in my local court to fight this. Today is the deadline to submit our defence to both the courts and Gladstones, and for Gladstones to submit theirs, which has just landed on ny doormap, which I'm surprised at as they are notoriously late!

We are still confident we will win but I cannot wait for this whole thing to be over now - sleepless nights are boring now.

Any advise or thoughts on how this may go,m gratefully received.

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • heidim76
    Options
    Thank you. We've quoted the Cargius case which was the Snowdon one so hoping the judge sees the same
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you post up their "evidence" some of the regulars may be able to knock some of it down for you.

It might also help to know what defence points you will be using.

Good luck.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    heidim76 wrote: »

Anyway, long story short, we now have day out in my local court to fight this. Today is the deadline to submit our defence to both the courts and Gladstones, and for Gladstones to submit theirs, which has just landed on ny doormap, which I'm surprised at as they are notoriously late!

Any advise or thoughts on how this may go,m gratefully received.
    Well.... No. How can we have any thoughts without knowing your defence points, WS, evidence or arguments.

I presume you have been advised via another source if you have got this far so perhaps they can offer their insights.

If you want to post up your defence and WS then you might get a comment or two if the regulars are about this afternoon but, at this late stage I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Your WS & associated evidence (attachments) needs submitting to the court in good time before 4pm, so do that, and email to Gladstones to save any stamp!

You might want to prepare a 'skeleton argument' (see NEWBIES thread post #2) to take to court, as well as your 'costs schedule' for missed work or loss of leave for the hearing day. and your travel/parking or childcare to attend.

Can you show us the WS Gladstones have sent or is it too much to scan and host in Dropbox easily?

Your 'skeleton' (drawing on your initial defence but focussing on demolishing/exposing the flaws in their case) is in addition to your WS, and there is no deadline to submit a skeleton, as explained in the NEWBIES thread with examples.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • heidim76
    heidim76 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry all, should have clarified, both Gladstones and the Court have my defence and WS and they were both received yesterday with the deadline being today, so all good there. Court heating is in May.
    I'll scan then and most them up ASAP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport