IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

In car park less than 6 mins still PCN

Options
claxtome
claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 16 September 2017 at 7:11AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Driver of my car decided to park in a private car park. Couldn't get machine to take money so left. Didn't know car park had ANPR recognition OR that small sign says there is only a 5 minute grace period.

Received NTK approx. 10 days later through post with pictures showing the car entering and leaving in less than 6 mins.

PPC is a BPA AOS member so after reading "NEWBIE sticky" decided to appeal online to PPC as keeper.

Next day received response via email.

About a month later I received a Stage 1 Appeal Rejection (surprise, surprise) with the important POPLA Appeal code.

Now have drafted POPLA Appeal.

Anonymised Parking Sign, NTK, (NTK Appeal, Response and Rejection) and Suggested POPLA Appeal are uploaded to dropbox folder->
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j4bo8w9drq1cexr/AABM5ggBdpTrzNaCX_nvC67Ga?dl=0

Comments

• claxtome
    edited 11 August 2017 at 10:13AM
    Options
    Question - should I wait the 20 or so days before they will respond again to my appeal as keeper OR give them the driver information?

I suppose it comes down to would I lose any leverage later by naming the driver?
    Also will they still respond to my appeal in 20 days if I don't name the driver?

(Couldn't find any info about this on forum - hence new thread)
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Simply point them to the GRACE section of the BPA code of practice, tell them the driver exercised their right to leave without parking, invite them to send you a POPLA code where you will delight in seeing them waste their fee. No need for any other appeal point.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    who's car park was it?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 August 2017 at 8:22AM
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    who's car park was it?

It's Premier Park, from the photo link.

"Parking period commences 5 minutes after entry" is an obvious con to trap as many victims as possible, it contravenes the COP, fairness, and common sense and should be exposed!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    GD is absolutely right there is no need for a kitchen sink appeal here. However, if they are daft enough to reject your appeal throw the book at them, the more points you raise, the more it will cost them to reply.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Erm ... guys ... OP has already appealed to the PPC and had it rejected.

OP - I can't see the dropbox link here at work ... does the appeal rejection include a POPLA code?
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    the who's car park question was aimed at getting who owns the car park, not the ppc.
    The op should complain strongly to the landowner, as their agents have breached their own trade associations code of practice on grace periods, and have accessed/used/processed the OP's data without due cause.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • claxtome
    edited 11 August 2017 at 10:10AM
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your comments so quickly. :j

Here is the answers to the questions in order->
    Simply point them to the GRACE section of the BPA code of practice, tell them the driver exercised their right to leave without parking, invite them to send you a POPLA code where you will delight in seeing them waste their fee. No need for any other appeal point.
    I have appealed, see intro post, which has a dropbox link to the appeal. The appeal mentions the GRACE period of the BPA code and asks for a POPLA code. ;-)
    who's car park was it?
    I am not sure and will try my hardest to find out. What I do know is it is just a smallish car park which doesn't appear to be connected with any shops etc. Some of the signs mention CPC but doubt they are the owners either.

Half_way if I do find out the landowner I think your suggestion about appealing to them is a good idea - thank you. :-)
    Erm ... guys ... OP has already appealed to the PPC and had it rejected.
    OP - I can't see the dropbox link here at work ... does the appeal rejection include a POPLA code?
    My appeal has not been rejected yet, I don't think, I just had a reply by email asking to name the driver and stated they won't reply further until first week in September. (If someone thinks it is a rejection, which I don't have much experience of these things, it certainly didn't provide a POPLA code which I requested).

The dropbox link is to folder which contains the received NTK, 'My Appeal' email, 'Response email to Appeal' and a specimen sign. I am waiting for my POPLA code if they do indeed reject it. Hence my questions in my second post. ;-)

Sorry to reiterate but wanted an answer to the following questions->
    Should I wait the 20 or so days before they will respond again to my appeal as keeper OR give the driver information?

I suppose it comes down to would I lose any leverage later by naming the driver?
    Also will they still respond to my appeal in 20 days if I don't name the driver?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No don't name the driver.

Await your popla code.

Edit your posts to remove details of who was driving
  • claxtome
    Options
    Thank you Quentin - didn't want to give my name.

Think only question left is ->

Does anyone know/think they will respond again in early September to me as the Keeper as mentioned in the 'response' email?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure