Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Panda/eyes_9
    • By Panda/eyes_9 13th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Panda/eyes_9
    Tax credits and childcare vouchers
    • 13th Mar 18, 10:53 PM
    Tax credits and childcare vouchers 13th Mar 18 at 10:53 PM
    Hi All.

I hope i am posting in the correct section.
    I am stuck on what i can claim to help with childcare. I currently claim a voucher through work (salary sacrifice) so does my husband but im sure i read we can also claim childcare tax credits along side this? Does anyone have any experience of this?

How do you work out the income figures for TC? Is it joint income after salary sacrifice but before tax and NI is taken off?

I cant seem to find the post on here i was reading about it.

Any help would be grearly appreciated.

Thank you.
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 14th Mar 18, 5:39 AM
    • 5,106 Posts
    • 3,317 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:39 AM
    • 14th Mar 18, 5:39 AM
    You can claim childcare help through tax credits for any costs NOT covered by the vouchers.

You declare your taxable income from your P60. This already takes into account salary sacrifice.
    • Geht fit
    • By Geht fit 15th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Geht fit
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 7:18 PM
    I have been looking at this myself.

If I pay for 2 days childcare year round, it will cost £5500 a year. Both my partner and I claiming the maximum CCV would come to £5832, so our childcare costs for Tax Credit purposes would be £0, as they are completely covered by the vouchers.
    • Paparika
    • By Paparika 15th Mar 18, 10:09 PM
    • 2,333 Posts
    • 2,231 Thanks
    Paparika
    • 15th Mar 18, 10:09 PM
    • 15th Mar 18, 10:09 PM
    I have been looking at this myself.

If I pay for 2 days childcare year round, it will cost £5500 a year. Both my partner and I claiming the maximum CCV would come to £5832, so our childcare costs for Tax Credit purposes would be £0, as they are completely covered by the vouchers.
    Originally posted by Geht fit
    You know what you don't have to spend all your vouchers, you can bank them and use them later. They are valid until the September after your child's 15th birthday
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,810Posts Today

8,229Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin