Tax credits and childcare vouchers

Hi All.

I hope i am posting in the correct section.
I am stuck on what i can claim to help with childcare. I currently claim a voucher through work (salary sacrifice) so does my husband but im sure i read we can also claim childcare tax credits along side this? Does anyone have any experience of this?

How do you work out the income figures for TC? Is it joint income after salary sacrifice but before tax and NI is taken off?

I cant seem to find the post on here i was reading about it.

Any help would be grearly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    You can claim childcare help through tax credits for any costs NOT covered by the vouchers.

You declare your taxable income from your P60. This already takes into account salary sacrifice.
  • Geht_fit
    Geht_fit Posts: 33 Forumite
    I have been looking at this myself.

If I pay for 2 days childcare year round, it will cost £5500 a year. Both my partner and I claiming the maximum CCV would come to £5832, so our childcare costs for Tax Credit purposes would be £0, as they are completely covered by the vouchers.
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Geht_fit wrote: »
    I have been looking at this myself.

If I pay for 2 days childcare year round, it will cost £5500 a year. Both my partner and I claiming the maximum CCV would come to £5832, so our childcare costs for Tax Credit purposes would be £0, as they are completely covered by the vouchers.

You know what you don't have to spend all your vouchers, you can bank them and use them later. They are valid until the September after your child's 15th birthday
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure