EDF Smart Meter

Options
keepthegreen
keepthegreen Posts: 80 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Has anybody any experience with getting an EDF smart meter installed? I had one installed two weeks ago in order to monitor my usage better and although the in house display works, the online account shows no data. Does anybody know how long this takes to show or if I have a problem?

Comments

• bwff
    bwff Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    You have a problem
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a Scottish Power smart meter, and my online account only shows gas, one year on, not resolved. I emailed them last week.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Has anybody any experience with getting an EDF smart meter installed? I had one installed two weeks ago in order to monitor my usage better and although the in house display works, the online account shows no data. Does anybody know how long this takes to show or if I have a problem?

According to one supplier's blog, the most likely reason is:

"the National Database hasn't yet been updated to reflect the change of meter.'
  • bwff
    bwff Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    I have a Scottish Power smart meter, and my online account only shows gas, one year on, not resolved. I emailed them last week.

You too have a problem
  • Farmerbob
    Farmerbob Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    EDF installed my meter on 28th April, theyve emailed me to say its sending readings although on my online account its not had a reading showing since the 2nd May so Im just keeping an eye on it.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Keepthegreen. Make sure you also read your own meter at least once a month, record it on a simple spreadsheet and send it online. That will get you a far better sense of energy consumption than the IHD and help you if there should be any dispute with your supplier.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • SoletraderSteve
    Options
    It is likely that either it is not fully commissioned and communicating with EDF Energy yet, or your new meter details are not updated on the National Database, therefore still not updated with EDF Energy. Call their Smart metering team on 0800 015 8787 and ask the question.
  • keepthegreen
    Options
    I'm now seeing usage results for electricity as of 21/05 but nothing for gas yet. I haven't yet contacted anybody from EDF so hopefully it's just a case of waiting for the gas meter to activate too.
  • keepthegreen
    Options
    Still nothing showing for Gas. I guess I'll give them a call on Monday
  • RandomQ
    RandomQ Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    According to one supplier's blog, the most likely reason is:

"the National Database hasn't yet been updated to reflect the change of meter.'

If the Ruskies or other foreign state want to mess us up it is going to be SO easy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure