Uclaim4me problems

Options
I have used UCLAIM4ME and have had a refund credited to my bank account. In the last 2 weeks I have had over 60 texts telling me my fees are due! Tax has been deducted and I have not seen the offer letter. I have requested a copy of this, a copy of the agreement I originally signed and a full breakdown of how the fees and tax were calculated. They keep saying this is in the post but I have received nothing. I want to settle this but my accountant needs more information. What should I do next?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can't pay until you have the figures, ask them to email them

Make sure you confirm their contract is completed before you do any more PPI complaints and do it yourself

Complain to the legal ombudsman about their harassment
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your contract that you signed should state the fee you agreed with them. Although it will be presented in a percentage basis.

it is normal for the money to go into your bank account direct from the bank/lender and then for you to pay the claims company fee afterwards.

Your accountant should not require this information as it is a personal expense.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karnakgs wrote: »
    I have requested a copy of this, a copy of the agreement I originally signed and a full breakdown of how the fees and tax were calculated.
    Unless you are disputing that you employed this claims firm, why do you need this documentation? Nobody here supports using a claim firm for a free complaint process, but once you've entered into a legally-binding contract there is very little you can do to try and wriggle out of it. Stop wasting time and pay them, otherwise you'll end up in court.
    but my accountant needs more information.
    For what possible purpose? You accountant needs no information about this at all.
    In the last 2 weeks I have had over 60 texts telling me my fees are due
    That is excessive, but complaining about it will not mean you won't have to pay their fee I'm afraid.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why do you need a copy of the agreement you signed? Did you not have one or make one? Your contract will state how much you would be paying them, and it will be a percentage based on the total amount before tax has been removed.
    They are bottom feeders true, but there is no way you'll get out of paying them, If you try, and you have a genuine contract with them, they WILL take you to court.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • societys_child
    Options
    Tax has been deducted and I have not seen the offer letter.
    The tax is deducted on behalf of HMRC at source, by the bank or whoever is paying the refund, not the claim co. You should receive a letter from whoever repaid you, explaining everything.
  • Epistle
    Options
    uclaims4me have sought my signature by their website. They phoned me up, texted me a link, and then talked me through entering my signature. They did not explain which documents I was signing, so I decided not to send my signature. My fear is that they could attach my signature to any other document. The website was theirs but mentions Omnisign. Has anyone else had issues with this?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Electronic signatures are accepted as a method of entering into a contract.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you didn't send them your signature, how could they attach it to something else?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Deen65
    Options
    I’m having issues with them now as well. I have received a claim payment related to a mortgage that I enquired about to the mortgage/loan company now responsible for the mortgage originally with a now defunct company. This was over a year ago. The letter at the time did not state how to, easily, follow this up and simply stated it was in place with the original company but did provide a breakdown and total. I now have the Uclaim4me hounding me for a payment when I don’t recall employing them to be involved. Yes I have received numerous correspondence about the claim but at no invitation. Claim was paid after letter addressed directly to me was returned to the relative and responsible mortgage company. All very odd and bloody annoying. Apologies of this long winded and perhaps in the wrong place. Now seeking process of getting rid of Uclaim4me without paying them anything the don’t, to the best of my knowledge, appear to be entitled to.
  • Deen65
    Options
    I will add that I have received invoices from them months ago for the same amount as now even though no payment had been made to me or was even know would be made. Seem like chancers hoping for the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure