Lastminute.com Fiasco

So I booked a holiday (Flight+Hotel) with last minute.com for the 20-26th of June 2018. Triple checked the booking even my boyfriend did at every stage!

Once it had been booked my Confirmation email showed that the Flights where the dates I had stated but the hotel dates where 21st june 2018. A day late. I thought how can this be so immediately called there costumer service line.

They told me this was odd and we will request an investigation and you will hear in 24hrs.

I didn't hear rang again to get the same outcome another 24hrs.

Next thing I get the ATOL certificates for the flight and hotel. Flight yes but hotel is incorrect and i stated this.

Ring again to only be told the will be another request for investigation and also to ring booking.com as they have nothing to do with them and it it who they booked the hotel with.

Ring booking and felt with a very helpful advisor and straight away tired to ring the hotel to get my dates correct. With no answer she will email them and if they haven't replied in the am then will ring again and should expect to hear my lunchtime the next day.

Also asked her if I would insure any costs, She said yes the additional night. I said i wasn't happy with this but she said its last minutes fault and I will have to see if I will get the money back.

Has anyone else had issues like this? what should I do if last minute refuse to reimburse me? what are my rights?

Thank you all

Cat

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Could you not contact the hotel yourself and add an extra night on and pay the hotel direct?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    They're one of the most complained about 3rd party sites out there (along with their sister site Bravofly). Next time research *before* you book.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Is it not a late night flight on the 20th, meaning that combined with a time difference you wouldn't get to hotel before noon on 21st?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure