Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You know yourself Maman, real life can wiggle us off course now and again. A pound is only a big poo really.

I'm being a little bit off plan today

B - SW quiches, toast, an apple

D - Chicken noodle soup

Cinema trip where I am having pick and mix. I'm not gonna go mad, but I'm not going to deny myself either.

T - Whatever we go out for or pick up on the way home

Quiet weekend in working and obviously no boozing, so plenty of opportunities to claw back some syns :)
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm back from weigh in at a new class and have +1/2LB not too unhappy with that considering.
    The new class seemed nice and it's great to have another morning option for when I can't make a Friday. I really don't like late classes as I starve (stupidly) before I weigh in to try and replicate my morning weigh in.
    Plan today is
    He a Bob milk
    Heb hifi bars
    B hifi bar and a nectarine
    L egg, sw chips, beetroot
    D lasagne and salad (4 syns as used a jar) I haven't topped it with cheese yet but I might use some more syns and have some :D

We've booked a trip to New York in December so I'm back on the wagon and might even drop my target. I'll wait until I get to the bottom of range before I decide as I found it so difficult last time I tried to lose the 1/2 stone extra. Plus, I have a feeling I'd come home waaaay out of target range as everything we are planning seems to be foodie one way or another.
    Enjoy your day, I'm off to walk my dogs!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 September 2017 at 12:22PM
    Options
    Thanks for the voices of reason. I'm just frustrated that getting back into range is taking so long. When I think about it rationally it's just the same as when I got to target in the first place. I just checked back in my book and from where I am now to target (8 lbs) took 13 weeks with loads of to-ing and fro-ing on the way. It's just that it was 6 years ago and I'd forgotten about it being so hard.;)

DH's birthday is officially postponed! :D He's been to GP and has a virus that's given him a horrible chesty cough. So as we're not going out I can plan my day better. I'll make us a special dinner so there will be syns and probably DD1 will be round later ( hopefully without cake).

I've portioned up the veggie chilli for the freezer so that's a few lunches sorted.

Today's plan :
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB weetabix, HEA milk
    L: LO ham has with pickled cabbage
    D: duck confit . dauphinoise potatoes, onions, peas, carrots
    Syns :tbc

News from group today was that there's a new comfort food cookbook coming out with Christmas countdown. I didn't see much in it that I don't already adapt. Iceland have new Mullerlights with the ready meals. Didn't pay much attention as I don't eat them. I think one may have been a coffee flavour. And a new ready meal IIRC Mexican chicken.

I know you like stir fry kathryna . My favourite is Chicken with honey, lime and soy sauce. It doesn't need any oil. Put the honey 2tbsp and 1 tbsp of soy in wok and cook chicken pieces in that then add and stir all the veg, then add noodles (I use straight to wok) then stir in juice of a lime before eating. That serves 2 greedy people and sometimes we have chips as well!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Well done to everyone that has lost:T:T
    Sorry to those that have gained (like me last week):(
    WI tonght for me , i better have lost or next week im cutting my leg off:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    SSM that made me laugh about the popcorn:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Thanks for the voices of reason. I'm just frustrated that getting back into range is taking so long. When I think about it rationally it's just the same as when I got to target in the first place. I just checked back in my book and from where I am now to target (8 lbs) took 13 weeks with loads of to-ing and fro-ing on the way. It's just that it was 6 years ago and I'd forgotten about it being so hard.;)

DH's birthday is officially postponed! :D He's been to GP and has a virus that's given him a horrible chesty cough. So as we're not going out I can plan my day better. I'll make us a special dinner so there will be syns and probably DD1 will be round later ( hopefully without cake).

I've portioned up the veggie chilli for the freezer so that's a few lunches sorted.

Today's plan :
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB weetabix, HEA milk
    L: LO ham has with pickled cabbage
    D: duck confit . dauphinoise potatoes, onions, peas, carrots
    Syns :tbc

News from group today was that there's a new comfort food cookbook coming out with Christmas countdown. I didn't see much in it that I don't already adapt. Iceland have new Mullerlights with the ready meals. Didn't pay much attention as I don't eat them. I think one may have been a coffee flavour. And a new ready meal IIRC Mexican chicken.

I know you like stir fry kathryna . My favourite is Chicken with honey, lime and soy sauce. It doesn't need any oil. Put the honey 2tbsp and 1 tbsp of soy in wok and cook chicken pieces in that then add and stir all the veg, then add noodles (I use straight to wok) then stir in juice of a lime before eating. That serves 2 greedy people and sometimes we have chips as well!

Sorry your DH is unwell especially on his birthday:( but wish him a Happy Birthday from us rebels:rotfl::rotfl:
    We have stirfry tonight, that sounds nice with honey, but its not something i have ever bought:eek:
    I am here now as waiting for a new bed to be delivered:D no comments from SSM please:p:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    maman wrote: »

That recipe sounds nice. Need to buy some honey, and I love lime in stuff.

The Iceland offer yogurts were gingerbread latte and salted caramel latte flavours if I remember rightly.
    I will get the new cookbook, but just because I will be due to by a new countdown then anyway.
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    Options
    We tried some of them SW meals about 3 weeks ago, the chinesey ones, didnt like at all, hubby said dont get again they are like eating elastic bands:rotfl::rotfl:
  • BarleySugar
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    We tried some of them SW meals about 3 weeks ago, the chinesey ones, didnt like at all, hubby said dont get again they are like eating elastic bands:rotfl::rotfl:

We've tried the Indian ones Bubbs and we thought they were OK. I split one between 2 people and add lots of veg, and a wholemeal Pitta bread.
  • bubbs
    Options
    We've tried the Indian ones Bubbs and we thought they were OK. I split one between 2 people and add lots of veg, and a wholemeal Pitta bread.

Hello :wave:
    Hope you are ok?
    The tikka was nice but not the chow mien or the others
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I tried the jalfrezi in my search for a curry ready meal. It's the only one I've tried. It was OK but a bit thin and watery. Now I have Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh. For 1.5 syns it's more like a proper Indian takeaway.

tweets was very good. She taste tested all the ready meals for us when they first came out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure