Status Remote Control Socket problem

Options
We have a set of the above. We had a power cut about 9 days ago and when the power came back on two of them were operating on the same number on the remote. Wouldn't mind, but specifically do not use the two items at once! Fortunately had one unplugged at the time and have substituted one of them, but was wondering if anyone knows of a way to reset them, or has a contact for the manufacturer?
What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Any ideas??
  • bob_a_builder
    bob_a_builder Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 December 2015 at 5:54PM
    Options
    at £5 for a set of 3 in Asda, I rather doubt the manufacture/distributor has set a lot of funds to one side for 'technical support'

do you still have the instructions ?

REMOTE CONTROLLED SOCKET (SELF-LEARNING) Instructions
    • Simple to use.
    • On the remote control, open the battery compartment and place the provided battery in the right position.
    • Plug the receiver-socket(s) in a mains power-socket. The red LED will light up and flashes every second.
    • Press any ON switch for more than 2 seconds on the remote control. The receiver will learn the code. When the LED flashes continuously after 2 seconds and goes off it means the receiver has learnt the code successfully.
    • You can add various receiver-sockets to any one ON switch and create a zone.
    • Repeat these last 2 steps for all the receiver sockets selecting a different ON button for each receiver socket.
    After a power cut pull out the receivers from the mains power-socket and repeat all the above steps.

Operation:
    • Plug the device you want to remotely operate into a receiver-socket
    • Press the ON or OFF button on the remote control to activate the receiver-socket.
    • Or press the ON/OFF button directly on the receiver-socket to operate the plug

Trouble shooting
    If a receiver-socket does not react to the remote control please check:
    • Low battery in the remote control - replace it
    • Distance too large between the remote control and the receiver (no more than 20 Metres)
    • Hold the buttons at least 2 seconds when pressing the ON-button.

How to decode
    • Press the ON/OFF button on the receiver-socket for more than 3 seconds. After 3 seconds the LED flashes once per second, decoding is successful.
    • Press the ALL OFF switch on the remote control for more than 3 seconds. After 3 seconds the LED flashes once per second, decoding is successful.

Voltage : 240Vac/ 50 Hz
    Rating: 240Vac/ 2900W max.
    Learning code : More than 1 million
    Remote frequency: 433.92MHz
    Remote range : 20 Metres
    Code setting: Learning
    ON/OFF indication: LED
    Battery Type: L1028 * 1-12V DC Alkaline

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
    1, Install batteries the correct way round observing the polarity (+ / - signs) on both the battery and the appliance.
    2, Remove battery when discharged.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thank you bob - you are a socket saver! Had just got rid of the box and instructions - that is extremely useful and I will be printing it off and storing it with the spare. In fact, I shall probably do this with the spare before I store it - I don't seem to be able to retain instructions in this house!
  • pj#_2
    pj#_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    To the next person googling how to reset these remote control (cos thats what bought me here, lol) i found you need to leave the sockets unplugged for a few minutes for them to become reprogramable (sp?)

after that it should flash the red light when you plug it back in, rather than the light just being on continuiously, and you can just programe it again by chosing a number and holding the on button down for 3 or 4 seconds.

All 6 of ours had reset to be operated by 1 remote and one number. Was like a disco :D
  • rexel
    rexel Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    my status remote control light will flash on remote also light will flash on plug but remote will not seitch on and off any ideas
  • neilwoods
    neilwoods Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    Options
    rexel wrote: »
    my status remote control light will flash on remote also light will flash on plug but remote will not seitch on and off any ideas

Try changing the battery in remote or change the dip switch settings (if it has them), to different channel.

Otherwise the plug is probably no longer working.

Can pick them up cheap from £5 these days
    Mansion TV. Avoid at all cost's :j
  • rexel
    rexel Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    changed battery. still will not work on both plugs
  • merlin777
    Options
    any idea if you can use 2 remotes? e.e. if i buy 2 packs can both remotes control all 6?
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    merlin777 wrote: »
    any idea if you can use 2 remotes? e.e. if i buy 2 packs can both remotes control all 6?

Each remote has only 4 pairs of buttons so will only operate 4 sockets, but will operate any 4 of the 6 sockets. I can't see how you could operate 1 socket with both remotes since you have to sync the socket with a remote button which erases the previous sync. If you see what I mean.
  • merlin777
    Options
    you're perfectly correct. Mine have just arrived, pack of 3, with 4 buttons on the remote, each controlling a zone which may contain 1 or more switches. The instructions don't say how many can be in each zone but I'm guessing it might be unlimited.

Thete's also a switch for turning off all at once (although curiously not turning them on. That may be to avoid spikes popping fuses I guess).

Looking at the way they are assigned to the remote I can't see how you would have two remotes control one switch either.

Merry Xmas to all here!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport