Cotton Traders - poor customer service

Options
I bought shoes from Cotton Traders to be collected at local store. In store, I tried the shoes on and they didn't fit, so store arranged for the return.

Today I phoned CT to ask why refund had not been processed and was told that they could find no return under my account. Advised me to phone local store where return was arranged and get return date and tracking number.

I phoned store and, no problem, they had returns book signed by me and showing shoes collected by Hermes - with date and tracking number.

Phoned CT to pass on this information and was told that they couldn't trace this return. As a ONE-OFF gesture they would refund, but if this happened with me again, they would have to make further enquiries.

I felt I was being treated as 'dubious' and asked why they could not phone their store and check the information I had passed on. This suggestion was ignored and I was again told this would be a one-off.

Comments

• marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,935 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They really know how to attract customers don't they!

I've just had a look at their financials - and they do pay a decent amount of UK tax - so they're not entirely bad. Though if they'd spoken to me the way they did to you I'd never use them again.

[I'd assumed they were called Cotton Traders because they'd started as a cotton trading business. But it seems that the director is a F E Cotton].
  • sleepymans
    sleepymans Posts: 902 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Never use again, simples!
    Short sighted company, or what!
    :A Goddess :A
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    marlot wrote: »
    [I'd assumed they were called Cotton Traders because they'd started as a cotton trading business. But it seems that the director is a F E Cotton].
    Fran Cotton - former rugby international.

When they started out they were pretty good for casual clobber but as they expanded they introduced more and more lines and more and more catalogues... Never had a problem though.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure