Leaving a contract

Options
I am currently contracted to my supplier until 30/09, and want to move as soon as possible, but unfortunately will be away for over the 30 days notice period. So I was wondering whether I can talk to my proposed supplier and arrange a transfer date (for example 01/10) in advance of my going away without incurring the exit charges my current supplier has.

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can try but it's risky.

I am unaware of any companies with a procedure for doing things in advance. I think more likely they will just transfer straight away.

Up to you then! Any reason you are uncontacable to do things while away. Surely someone is checking on the house to take reads?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am currently contracted to my supplier until 30/09, and want to move as soon as possible, but unfortunately will be away for over the 30 days notice period.>>>

Contract end you should be notified aprox 42 days before and are then free to start a swap .
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am currently contracted to my supplier until 30/09, and want to move as soon as possible, but unfortunately will be away for over the 30 days notice period. So I was wondering whether I can talk to my proposed supplier and arrange a transfer date (for example 01/10) in advance of my going away without incurring the exit charges my current supplier has.

I would respond, but it looks like you have already gone away
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family