Alton Towers parking - worth paying for Express? Any other tips?

Options
Hello

We are going to Alton Towers in half term - due to cost and distance it is not something we are likely to be repeating any time soon so we really want to make the most of the time we have there.

Is the queuing for the monorail much of a faff and does it add lots extra onto the day timewise? I am reluctant to spend £18 on parking but if there is a big time saving I will do.

I bought the kids silver fasttrack passes too - and we will be taking our own food in so we don't lose too much time queuing and eating lunch. Any other tips?

Thank you
:eek::eek::eek: LBM 11/05/2010 - WE DID IT - DMP of £62000 paid off in 7 years:jDFD April2017

Comments

• dondo
    dondo Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have done Alton Towers a few times and only done the express parking once as needed to get away in good time and wanted to maximise time in the park.

Is it worth it- I would say so as you are parked right next to the park entrance and the queues for the monorail to/from the main car park can be pretty long. You can walk it but that takes time too obviously.
  • beckstar1975
    Options
    Thank you, I'll book it then
    :eek::eek::eek: LBM 11/05/2010 - WE DID IT - DMP of £62000 paid off in 7 years:jDFD April2017
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure