Proof of address - bank statement

Options

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2018 at 12:35PM
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    This is exactly why she went on my Ignore list some months ago. Nothing I've seen with her recent spate of posting has made me reconsider my decision.

Story changes from one minute to the next...

She was talking about buying/test driving a car not long back but now apparently has no drivers licence...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 July 2018 at 12:46PM
    Options
    Is this not one of these situations where you turn up with the documents and they do not ask for them!! LOL

OP I even took my bank statement, passport and drivers license to get a pass made up when I had the portacabin interview in nhs. You want the job, you have to attempt to provide what they are asking.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Either you want the job or you don't. If you do, I suggest you take others' advice and comply with a perfectly reasonable request. Presumably it is not through an agency as I would expect them already to have done all the ID checks required before putting forward any candidate.

Employers have to abide by the law which requires them to ascertain to a reasonable extent that they do not hire people who have no right to work in the UK. They also have to safeguard sensitive information such as proof of ID.
  • beckysheffield
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Either you want the job or you don't. If you do, I suggest you take others' advice and comply with a perfectly reasonable request. Presumably it is not through an agency as I would expect them already to have done all the ID checks required before putting forward any candidate.

Employers have to abide by the law which requires them to ascertain to a reasonable extent that they do not hire people who have no right to work in the UK. They also have to safeguard sensitive information such as proof of ID.

I have a British passport, that is literally all they need.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    You are missing the point. It's not up to you to decide what they need or why they need it. Provide it or don't. If you don't, cancel the interview, as you are wasting your time and theirs.
  • Smodlet
    Options

And they need proof they have seen it, such as a photo of it. How did you get your current job without allowing them to take proof of identity? Oh wait, I don't care.
  • marliepanda
    Options
    Use your driving licence.

You have one, you literally were test driving/buying cars. You can't do that without one.
  • marliepanda
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    And they need proof they have seen it, such as a photo of it. How did you get your current job without allowing them to take proof of identity? Oh wait, I don't care.

25 days ago they were self employed, so I imagine she didnt care about getting proof of her own identity.

Ors its all... Hmm there is no cloud or cuckoo emoji :(
  • Smodlet
    Options
    25 days ago they were self employed, so I imagine she didnt care about getting proof of her own identity.

Ors its all... Hmm there is no cloud or cuckoo emoji :(

I'm still waiting for the tongue-in-cheek one.
  • beckysheffield
    Options
    Use your driving licence.

You have one, you literally were test driving/buying cars. You can't do that without one.

Foreign driving license and I’ve requested one from the DVLA. Will arrive soon. Intern.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure