Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Womble from today
    AvS 3x Haliborange Mr. Men Little Miss Omega 3 & Multivitamins Orange Softies (30pk) £16.50 £12.00
    AvM 3x Haliborange Mr. Men Little Miss Omega 3 & Multivitamins Orange Softies (30pk) £16.50 £16.50
    N/A against T and W
    3 for 2 Toiletries on receipt so pay £11 get £5.70 back v S.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can anyone remember whether it was Shopmium or Checkoutsmart that had the offer for the mint yahoo drinks in please ? I saw there was 7 hours left so I bought 2 now they have disappeared :mad: Thanks
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Can anyone remember whether it was Shopmium or Checkoutsmart that had the offer for the mint yahoo drinks in please ? I saw there was 7 hours left so I bought 2 now they have disappeared :mad: Thanks

COS Nisa/Todays
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »

Nisa-today or Spa on COS - mine says valid for 4 days, just done a test upload and its still showing
    Not that I can even find them ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks both :D

If anyone bought the mail on Saturday there s a voucher in it for the Bazzar magazine for £1 instead of £4.70 :eek: and this has a 50 ml sample of Intensive Masque for hair by Jo Hansford, and would probably cost a bit so well worth the £1 :D
  • bubbs
    Options
    Good morning.

I met the most remarkable lady yesterday. She knits hair for kids who have had chemo. How fab is that? She made 50 and took them to Alderhey and they told her that there were 4200 children in the UK that needed them so she has carried on crocheting them. She has set up a charity to raise money for the wool and she has other people helping her make them too. I don't know how to crochet but there's a knitting class in my town that does lessons so I'm going to learn.
    If there's anyone on here who can crochet and is interested in helping pm me and I'll send you her details.
    She met Jamie carragher last week as his charity 23 is helping her with her fund raising.
    I am sending her the next signed man utd shirt we get although I did explain it could be 12 months until we get another one.
    She was such an inspiring lady, she inspired me to book our next pub quiz when we met dd at the pub so for the locals its 21st October, pandoraskids I hope your daughter can make the next one I'll make sure FC gets her room booked again.
    That is fab:T:T and well done you xx
    gocat wrote: »
    Morning all. Back from my hollibobs. Cant believe we managed with with no problems encountered. BA were brilliant with assistance here in London and KLIA airport in Malaysia. :T

So back to glitching to save up for next one :rotfl: :eek:

When I was out in Malaysia, I couldnt access my nectar acount. Just had a look and virgin points added :T Also a long chased after insurance one for 14000 points added :T But also, got a couple of double up points ones added. Transactions were done on 6th June and added 7th June but I wasnt in the country. Is there sometimes a delay in adding the points. Thinking I might have used a double up coupon a few months earlier and its just beed added. Nice surprise anyhow.

Lovely reunion with Tessa yesterday. Yes she remembers me haha :D

Went to bed at 6pm last night and slept for 12 hours. So hope thats sorted out the jet lag.
    I didnt sleep on the plane but managed to watch a few films, including one called Breathe. Made me bawl my eyes out which was embarassing but think most of the passengers were asleep and luckily had my sunglasses to hand :rotfl:

Off for a read back :)
    Welcome back, glad tess is ok as well:D
    Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

Thank you Bubbs :A There's still a lot of work to be done - that's why I took a picture of only part of it :o
    My wife wanted a "wildlife pond", so I've made a gentle slope from the Scottish cobblestones to the bottom to allow wee beasties to climb out :)
    During the build, I've hidden notes/ messages/ pictures (weatherproofed with the vacuum sealer) to be found by my family at a later date :)

We've had a beautiful turtle dove visiting our lawn for several days, serenading with her deep purring/ calling. But last night she was attacked by a magpie - I just managed to get out in time to shoo it off as it pinned the dove down - I haven't seen the turtle dove so far this morning :(

Please glitch fairy can you come back? We are all missing you :A
    Hope you have seen the turtle dove today?
    Awwww what a beautiful and emotional thing to do for your family:A:A
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    In our Sainsbury's store they have new fancy tills at self scan. At the end you get the option of getting a receipt or not but the selection screen only stays up for seconds before it closes the transaction so no receipt.
    So if you get distracted, turn your head, go looking for your bag for life ... etc then you get no receipt. The supervisor was even more run off her feet yesterday doing something with screens to get peoples receipts.
    I think people who already don't trust SS or find it a faff will have even more difficulty if they don't get receipts.
    OK so it saves on till rolls but then SS tills have a tendency to encourage pilfering - mostly accidental but sometimes not. Without a receipt I think a few more will try it on.
    I assumed all the tills had been like this ages, ours have since las year:o and yes you do have to be quick for receipt .
    I love there NAS blackcurrant, drink gallons of it:o but they have stopped doing it:mad:
    mhoc wrote: »
    And another reason to give up on Mr T

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2018/06/tesco-to-scrap-its-brand-guarantee?_ga=2.160545021.1395224042.1529659129-1516247676.1525963979

so it says
    "due to it being used by fewer than one in eight customers".

So 7 out of 8 customers were buying less than 10 items or just always getting things on offer or own brands ????
    It does not make a lot of sense. Would they actually be in business if the vast majority of their customers only did small top up shops rather than trolley loads. Possibly the ones who need trolley loads have gone to Aldi. Lidl, Asda ... instead
    :(:(:( hope aog stays:eek:
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :o

Hope you are ok Snap x:A
    Sorry QUIZ won't load

I'm trying to deal with 3 things at once & then some one rings & throws another dilemma into pit. We sort that out by going by car rather than train, Fourp enters room & states he won't go as hates the seat in car :mad::mad:

!!!!!!

and breathe :o
  • bubbs
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Help

Was Jeremy Kyle on this morning please ?

I have him on series link but it didn't record :(

When I look its new series so set for series link record from tomorrow.

Went on ITV Hub and todays episode not there :mad:

So wondering if it was shown :)
    Sorry don't know
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    hello everyone

I'm going on holiday in a week's time and not sure I will need any shopping after loads of whoopsies at the weekend. I've some wombles which will generate APGs -- I've checked them but not done 'get voucher'. Am I right in thinking I have time before I need to print these please and can anyone tell me how much time? Thanks in advance.

Think its a while, at least 28 days
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good evening. Just been having a catch up and sorry to read about all the illness and difficulties the elite are having at the moment.
    When i think of the terrible things people have to go through,, it makes me wonder what the point of life is. I know that may sound very pessimistic to some, but it;s just the way my mind works.

Just got a bill from BG and have 5 days free electricity as one of their rewards. (10 days for the whole yea) - but don't get excited - it's worth a whole £1.27 :eek:.
    Apparently it's for your average daily use on a Saturday, excluding standing charges and only for the hours of 10.00 to 4.00. Absolute rubbish - don't know how they can promote it, it's a joke. Shame on you BG.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure