Air conditioning for free by accident!

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 16 September 2019 at 10:57AM
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I think you are being incredibly sanctimonious. Both on this thread and the OP's other thread!

And that's fine.
    It's your opinion (and comes as no surprise to me).

My point on the other thread is valid.
    Small accommodations are struggling.
    They may decide to increase prices next year to cover random clients who feel it appropriate to use something for free that has a charge attached.
    Maybe the OP will be complaining next year about increase in holiday prices.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    The OP hasn't shared what level of accommodation he stayed in.
    It might not be a big business.

The place we recently stayed at in Greece only had 14 rooms.
    The amount that TUI pay them for a 2 week stay is shockingly low - they are considering whether to go independent next year.
    Using A/C for free in places such as that is - imho - unfair.

I think OP suggested it was a large company as he implied he found it easier to cheat a big company than a family business. Justification seemed to be that they charged more than he thought was fair for beer.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    As a matter of interest what would you all do if you hadn't paid the €5 a day for the air con but when you walked into the room it was on?

I had the same situation in Rhodes about 10 years ago where I decided not to pay for it (first night weather wasn't great so didn't think I would need it) but it was on anyway when I entered the room. It stayed on for the whole week.

I assume all the people criticizing the OP would have gone down to reception and asked them to turn the Air con off ;-)
  • couriervanman
    couriervanman Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 September 2019 at 11:45AM
    Options
    As a matter of interest what would you all do if you hadn't paid the €5 a day for the air con but when you walked into the room it was on?

I had the same situation in Rhodes about 10 years ago where I decided not to pay for it (first night weather wasn't great so didn't think I would need it) but it was on anyway when I entered the room. It stayed on for the whole week.

I assume all the people criticizing the OP would have gone down to reception and asked them to turn the Air con off ;-)

I'm awaiting the response from certain users with interest;)

Loads of hotels will "try it on" with guests checking in........stayed in a cheap and cheerful easyhotel recently.
    Tried to charge me for a tv remote (told me it was the only way to watch)......god forbid i had to get out of bed a couple of times and press the buttons on the side of tv
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I use a hotel in Turkey regularly. Almost always I book flights and hotel independently but one year I found a good deal with a holiday company to the same hotel. When I arrived late at night I couldn't get the air conditioning to work so assumed it was broken. I asked about it at reception the next morning and it was explained that air conditioning didn't come with the package I'd booked. So I paid up.

it never once occurred to me to go off and find a circuit breaker.....
  • Pollycat
    edited 16 September 2019 at 1:01PM
    Options
    That's frankly just unpleasant.

Lets try and keep the forum and this thread friendly or the thread will be locked!
    I regret that you think that.

I think you are being incredibly sanctimonious. Both on this thread and the OP's other thread!
    This ^^^^ isn't exactly friendly. Is it?

One could wonder why you've flagged my post as 'unpleasant' when another poster has blatantly called the OP a thief...
  • Pollycat
    Options

If I was aware that the price I'd paid didn't include the cost of A/C I would indeed have gone down to Reception to check with them.
    It's called being honest.
  • couriervanman
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    If I was aware that the price I'd paid didn't include the cost of A/C I would indeed have gone down to Reception to check with them.
    It's called being honest.

;) :rotfl: :D
  • Calpol4life
    Options
    It’s one thing getting 7 chicken McNuggets in a 6 nugget meal - that’s a bonus.

It’s quite another reaching across the counter and taking another - because it ‘was there’

One is a honest bonus, one is deception.

Same applies for the 9 and 20 mc nugget formats also
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It’s one thing getting 7 chicken McNuggets in a 6 nugget meal - that’s a bonus.

It’s quite another reaching across the counter and taking another - because it ‘was there’

One is a honest bonus, one is deception.

Same applies for the 9 and 20 mc nugget formats also

In fairness many people on this forum would disagree with you. If they received 7 chicken McNuggets in their 6 nugget meal they would return to Mcdonalds and return the extra nugget.

Apparently this is what honesty is ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport