EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• MistyMountainTop
    Options
    so glad the kitchen is finished, I'll bet it was well worth the upheaval!
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They're sending new Clubcards to everyone anyway, they've gone contactless. Mine arrived on Monday.

We wouldn't have got new ones issued as the ClubCard Plus has never even been converted over to chip&pin - it's still a signature card. They're invested less and less in it over the years - I think the writing has been on the wall for some time to be honest.
    so glad the kitchen is finished, I'll bet it was well worth the upheaval!

Not yet...but I think it will be eventually! :rotfl::rotfl:

EE I seem to recall they said it was October the accounts would be closed BUT bear in mind they've also said that at close date "money will be refunded by cheque" - lord knows how long this will take! I think I'm going to cancel my DD with them from September and I can load up manually if I need to - if you use the app you can transfer money in and out quite easily via that. I certainly have visions of people being stranded with their food budget inaccessible in their closed CC+ accounts and then waiting weeks for a cheque. Plus the thought of them having to spend me a cheque for about 8p interest quite appeals to me... :p They have also said that they will be sending out new CC's.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got my letter yesterday about it closing - luckily we have not used it to put money on for a few years, well since we discovered Lidl, so there is nothing to come back to us but I do like to collect points for petrol and small shops that I do there so need a normal clubcard.
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yay to the kitchen being done.

That's rubbish about tesc0. You'd think they would send a letter out, hopefully you'll get it in the next couple of days.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Well, still no letter from T's. Not massively impressed.

Bit of a chat about it over the weekend and we've decided that we'll just increase the monthly transfer to our "food" savings pot by £150 a month when we cancel the DD to the CC+ then our food shopping will all go on the credit card and I can transfer the money over each month when the bill comes in. That also means we'll still have the scope to save the unused food money towards holiday spending money, too. We'll miss the double points on spend for clubcard vouchers though.

Sainsbugs sent me a voucher this week - so being the fickle sorts we are we shopped there plus odds and ends in Al's. :p It is expensive compared to T's though. Might do Mozza's next week as I'll have the time to get over there on Friday hopefully. This week came to about £20 or thereabouts but I might need to do a top up late in the week.

Few more oddments of kitchen spendiness - new timer (silver to match the fridge!) and some rather glamorous measuring spoons which will hang on the utensil rack and were actually needed. Plus a replacement for our scales which were pretty knackered before the kitchen was done and even worse now. Airshow spendiness was about as expected - hotel was already paid, few bits of food and booze but I spent cash rather than putting it on a card so that's all within budget. :T I've got a quiet week now as it's mid season break so I'm hoping to catch up on pics and have a relaxing weekend!

Must get to the M&S outlet at the weekend as I need to buy some more work trousers (the 14's are too big...yay-ish!) and might see if they've got the jeans I like too. Hopefully this will be approaching the last bits of clothes buying though - for a while at least! :rotfl:

Purse currently says £20 available so I won't need to go to the cashpoint again this month.
    Prolific stands at £9.10 with £1.85 pending. I'd like to think I'll get another £10 extracted from there to pay to the card this month.
    Keep getting surveys from Populus that I then get screened out of - I'm quite close to payout on there I think. Been a bit lazy about things recently though so need to give myself a sturdy kick I think.

Next work on the flat will be getting the electrics looked over and sorted out as the inspection during the kitchen works showed up some issues. Hoping that it's not going to be massively expensive. Hoping in vain, I suspect. We want to get another sparky in to look first though and give us a quote as we're not so sure of the one who did the first inspection.

Must get CC payments sorted
    Must do car insurance shop around - got my renewal quote from AXA this morning and disappointed to see that they're going to be more expensive than the quotes I've seen from elsewhere
    Must do home contents cover shop around
    Must do breakdown cover shop around

Quiet week, I said, did I?! :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey you!! I'm back on here after a looooooooong hiatus. I've missed you all. I've subscribed and am about to read back over your diary.

Wish me luck :rotfl:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    Hey you!! I'm back on here after a looooooooong hiatus. I've missed you all. I've subscribed and am about to read back over your diary.

Wish me luck :rotfl:

Wooooo! Ace to see you back lovely! xx
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Oddments of MSE type stuff then:

- Last courgette and a few beginning to go past their best peppers from the fridge roasted with mushrooms, (previously roasted) garlic and sweet potato and plentiful herbs and seasoning while I had the oven on last night. Some eaten with tea last night, and the bulk now added to a carton of chopped tomatoes to make an easy pasta sauce - it's in the fridge for the time being, may yet head to the freezer though.

- Couple more small bits done on Prolific but nothing more cleared through for payment yet.

- Meals for the rest of the week are pretty much worked out I think - couscous salad with pomegranate, chickpeas and cashew nuts tonight, Tuna Salad with flatbreads tomorrow, and either pasta & sauce or omelettes on Thursday - probably omelettes as I have S6 mushrooms to use. :T

- I've got a surplus of carrots and the rest of a tub of humous needing used so will suggest to MrEH that I have a carrot and humous sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

Need to have a quick review of the fridge and catch anything else from there that needs using up - the new fridge has a HUGE fruit & veg drawer at the bottom which I can see things getting lost in so I need to factor in a once a week scan through there I think. The larder is now pretty much sorted I think - and the storecupboard is looking remarkably empty but that was always the plan. I have slightly less space in the kitchen for storage of tins so I think some of that space will be given over to that if needed.
    she/her
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I'll bet your are much more motivated to be organised in the kitchen now, not that you weren't before! Did you plan a lot of storage? That will be #1 on my list if I'm ever able to plan a new kitchen!
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Just thought I'd mention that I was on Benbecular again last week and we had 3 (yes 3) gorgeous days of sunshine :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback