Portfolio check now mortgage is paid

Options
Hi

I just wanted to get some advice from you lovely knowledgeable people on my investments and trying to understand if I need to make any changes now that I am mortgage fee - yay!! So here is my current portfolio and financial status:

I am 38, in a good job earning £60k per year. Partner earns £20k. We have 2 kids 8 and 4.

We have savings of around £20k - intending for helping kids out in the future. All child benefit goes into this.
I have a work pension - career average scheme which I pay the max amount - £400 p/m. I’ve contributed into this for the last 15 years.
I have invested in a SIPP for the last 3 years around £10k for each of the years - it’s predominantly LS 60 and 80
I put £300 pm in a S&S ISA - again its LS 80
I have a LISA with 1st year full contribution
My partner has a S&S ISA with £5k invested

Thoughts? Any changes we should make?

Thanks

Comments

• El_Torro
    El_Torro Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I won't criticise your choice of relying on VLS, since you could do a lot worse. However why have a mixture of VLS 60 and 80 in your SIPP and just 80 in your ISA? I would have thought it would make more sense for your ISA to be more cautious since you can dip into that investment if you want to, whereas you're going to have to wait 20 years or so for your SIPP.

Also why have a LISA? I would just put more in your ISA since it's more flexible as to when you can access the money. Your retirement needs are hopefully already covered by your DB pension and SIPP.
  • bostonerimus
    bostonerimus Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'd say keep doing what you are doing....but more of it now that the mortgage money is available. I'd make sure you have a 6 months cash emergency account available. You could change lots of other things but you seem to be on a good track so why mess with it right now. What you could do would be to educate yourself about different asset classes, but IMHO you are perfectly fine as you are....well done.
    “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
  • aj9648
    aj9648 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd say keep doing what you are doing....but more of it now that the mortgage money is available. I'd make sure you have a 6 months cash emergency account available. You could change lots of other things but you seem to be on a good track so why mess with it right now. What you could do would be to educate yourself about different asset classes, but IMHO you are perfectly fine as you are....well done.

Yeah I’d love to know more about asset classes but I just don’t have the time- I know LS is an easy option but is convenient!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure