IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ Removal

Options
Hi Everybody

After some advice on getting a CCJ removed from my file. Can it be done....what chance have I got.....how do I go about it ??? Details are below :

On 30th September 2016 I moved house. Around two weeks previous I received a parking ticket. The letter detailing the fine was delivered AFTER I had moved out. In July 2017 I received a message from the person who bought my house saying some post had been delivered under my name and could I collect it. I collected and went through it that night. I had 3 or 4 letters from the parking company and another 2 from the court threatening to take action then another saying I had been issued with a CCJ. As soon as I was aware of the situation I payed the debt straight away fearing the debt collectors would be sent out !!! Unfortunately when I paid, it was two weeks too late for the CCJ to be cleared.

I'm now left with this wrecking my previously very good credit rating.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did you update them with your new address? They're only required to contact you at the last known address they have on file for you.

Had you updated your address on your car's registration document?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Moved to Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board, where there is more experience on challenging these.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You've paid it now.

Also you've not wrecked your rating, since there's no such thing.

Over time time it will have less of an impact
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What do you mean, not wrecked rating?
    A satisfied CCJ, unless paid within 1 month of judgement, WILL show up on your credit file, and will make it tricky to get credit.

How long after moving did they issur the claim? ! month? 6? More?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    Options
    You've paid it. Oh dear. You now face an uphill battle. You can try applying for a set aside with consent. Some companies play ball some don't.

Take a look at the thread at the top of this board that tells Newbies to read it first. There is a section on the court process.

If they play ball it's up to the whim of the judge as to whether it's granted. If the company don't play ball then your chances are very slim.
  • Hag83
    Hag83 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The fine came in the post, literally the week after I moved. I updated my vehicle registration documents within a couple of weeks of moving. All been very frustrating.

I suppose it’s easy to say it’s not wrecked my credit rating when it’s not you in this position. From further reading up on the subject and response to my post it seems an uphill battle to get it put aside because i’ve paid.

We’re hoping to move house soon, hopefully we’ll find an understanding lender.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated
  • waamo
    Options
    Which ppc is it?
  • Hag83
    Hag83 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SIP Car Parks. It was from parking at the gym whilst using the gym !!! They!!!8217;d introduced a new scheme where you had to enter your registration monthly. If I!!!8217;m being honest I!!!8217;d not read the email so wasn!!!8217;t aware of the new scheme !!!55357;!!!56904;!!!55357;!!!56904;!!!55357;!!!56904;
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    The poster who advised you that a ccj on your record has not wrecked your (credit) rating is mistaken!

Read up on set aside by consent as an alternative way of getting this removed
  • waamo
    Options
    It's worth asking them if they would consider a set aside with consent. Make it clear you will burden the costs and they can keep what you have paid.

At worst they can say no.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport