Credits help

Options
Sa2018
Sa2018 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 5 June 2018 at 7:30PM in Benefits & tax credits
Hi need some input, claiming working and child tax credits, today logged in to my manage my tax credits online and did the renewal, after that check my hours etc for some reason it SHOWN 16 hours a week I was shocked CAUSE any hours changes I tell them asap and have never done 16 hours ,since January 2018 to present been on 28 hours I told them rang em and even told then about webchat I did with them in January about hour change , I go I did not receive no notice of hour change on post, they sorted it out but im quite annoyed I only noticed this error now, they got send me my new changes through the post, I'm just worried of any overpayments CAUSE of this issue
Joint claim partner does not work

2016 2017 tax year earned 17204

2017 2018 I have earned 13,002

Comments

• Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    If you've kept them up to date with the income then 16 or 28 hours doesn't make any difference to your tax credits claims (assuming you are single).
  • Sa2018
    Options
    It!!!8217;s a joint claim as I am married partner does not work
  • Sa2018
    Options
    It!!!8217;s a joint claim partner does not work
  • Darksparkle
    Options
    Do you or your partner have a disability? Or is your partner a carer?
  • Sa2018
    Options
    No no one has a disability
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You need to work at least 30 hours per week for working tax credits. If you have a child then it's 24 hours, with at least one of you working at least 16 hours. See here.
    https://www.gov.uk/working-tax-credit/eligibility
  • Darksparkle
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You need to work at least 30 hours per week for working tax credits. If you have a child then it's 24 hours, with at least one of you working at least 16 hours. See here.
    https://www.gov.uk/working-tax-credit/eligibility

OP says they claim CTC so there would be a child.

However I cannot see why you would be receiving WTC if only recorded as working 16hrs per week. As above, you need to be working at least 24hrs if a couple.
  • Sa2018
    Options
    The thing is only realised yday that since January it’s been recorded 16 hours a week when I do 28 hr per week since January 2018 to present , I’m peed of that this has happend and I’m just worried of any over payments coming through even tho person on the phone did not mention that he goes he updated the hrs
  • Darksparkle
    Options
    I'm unsure why you are concerned about an overpayment, you won't have been receiving wtc so the issue would be an underpayment.
  • Sa2018
    Options
    I did in jaan and feb they stopped no payments since then but since I told them I Been doing 28 hrs for some reason it shows they gonna pay me working tax credits with payments schedule to go In when I checked my online personal account so I should of been getting it right ? Since I have been doing 28 hrs since Jan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure