Item location irritation

Options
Had this problem for a while and hope somebody here has the remedy.
My address is registered but everytime I sell something, the default item location shows my old address I left 11 years ago !
Gets irritating changing it everytime I sell junk; I've been through all my personal information and there is nothing connected with my old address.
Can't find a way of contacting E-Bay over this subject, just go round and round in circles.
Anybody have a solution ?
Cheers

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 April 2019 at 9:31PM
    Options
    If you scroll down to the very bottom of a listing , in edit, it says " item location" and gives you the option to change

Or
    https://itstillworks.com/change-item-location-ebay-20766.html
  • auldblerk
    auldblerk Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks but that's the problem, I need to alter from my old address on every selling page I'm listing and it gets rather tedious, even if something doesn't sell and I re-list it reverts back to my old location
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try using templates, if they have the correct location it should be correct on every new listing you do using that template.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • auldblerk
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    Try using templates, if they have the correct location it should be correct on every new listing you do using that template.

Thanks, will try that next time :)
  • pikachoiioo
    Options
    Are you sure you cannot edit multiple items at the same time?

For example in my ebay I can select 200 listings and edit them all in bulk.

I sometimes change the dispatch days so that they are all 3 days or sometimes I change them all to 2, I can also edit the location of all my listings in bulk.
  • auldblerk
    Options
    Are you sure you cannot edit multiple items at the same time?

For example in my ebay I can select 200 listings and edit them all in bulk.

I sometimes change the dispatch days so that they are all 3 days or sometimes I change them all to 2, I can also edit the location of all my listings in bulk.

I didn't know you could do that but thanks, I'll have a look
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    auldblerk wrote: »
    I didn't know you could do that but thanks, I'll have a look

You might not be able to, I can bulk edit on my business account but don't have the facility to do so on my private account.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Phone them, I have always found them helpful.
  • auldblerk
    Options
    Archergirl wrote: »
    Phone them, I have always found them helpful.

I used to phone them whenever I had a problem but I can't find the phone number now, it seems to have been buried away; tried to do a query by using their form in the hope the phone number would eventually come up as an option but hit a dead end :wall:
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a similar issue.

Whenever I go to print a postage label off it says their is a problem with my address.

For some reason it shows the house name and road on one line and I have to change it.

I click on save changes and it is ok for that one time but it always goes back to being wrong again.

Also on my account I cannot buy postage with Royal Mail although I can with the other options.

My OH does not have this problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport