Time limit for reclaiming Packaged Bank A/C charges

Options
What is the time limit for reclaiming on Lloyds packaged bank a/c charges please. I have just been refused a refund by Lloyds as they said it was out of date.

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    3 years from when you should have been resonably aware or 6 years after the event.
    It should say in your letter.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The 3 year clock (assuming more than 6 years from taking the account out) is a law to put a time limit on complaints that could otherwise go on forever. If Lloyds sent you a letter more than 3 years ago explaining what you were paying and advising of the free alternatives (they only have to send it, you would have to prove you never received it) then your complaint can be time barred and there is no further action to be taken.
  • WENDYWOO
    WENDYWOO Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the info Taff
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    PBAs have been sending annual benefit statements and an option to convert to non PBA for a number of years now. The first statement acts as a trigger for the 3 year clock.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure