IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

One Parking Solution - Rejected Appeal for parking in my own space

Options

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is nothing at all in the lease about the private road and rights to park there.

It wasn't intended for people to park on (as I understand it) - but given the lack of parking on our estate (we have one visitor place for 69 residences) some do. That's okay in one part but the rest of it does not allow for parking because of the width. We have had to put up no parking notices in some places

Everyone respects those but one person regularly ignored a no parking sign where big vehicles turn (see previous posts if at all interested).
  • BreadedScampi
    Options
    Does anyone know if there's a way to force debt collectors from sending letters? i.e. Stop sending me letters or take me to court
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know if there's a way to force debt collectors from sending letters?
    The only way to do that is to pay them what they are asking for.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 May 2018 at 1:48PM
    Options
    Does anyone know if there's a way to force debt collectors from sending letters? i.e. Stop sending me letters
    They will ignore you. However, and importantly, any contact you make with them, they will realise they are affecting you and will likely single you out for more letter attention, hoping to break you, resulting in you paying them.

Just ignore the letters, but file and retain, should there be any court proceedings instigated by the PPC (not the debt collectors).
    or take me to court
    Debt collectors can't 'take you to court', they have no cause to do so.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • BreadedScampi
    Options
    So I have received a letter from QDR solicitors (not a letter before claim) making some threat that a claim will be made. So going off the assumption that this will go to court (hopefully won't) I have done some thinking further to my original post.

While the Management Agency sent me notice of parking enforcement, they didn't send me notice including the exact terms of parking enforcement, and certainly no notice of any potential charges. In my leasehold agreement, parking is granted subject to any Estate Regulations. Surely these regulations would include the exact terms of the parking, with any parking charges, and must be provided to me by post.

All that I was given in the post was along the lines of "One Parking Solutions are being resumed, here's some stickers, you will be fined if you don't follow [reasons]" but no exact "fine" amount. Obviously private parking companies can't even "fine" you, so was this statement even valid to begin with?

Could someone possibly clear this up?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    QDR never make PPC claims, they acting merely as another debt collector (despite being solicitors).

Search this forum for QDR as your keyword, and you will find it is true!
    All that I was given in the post was along the lines of "One Parking Solutions are being resumed, here's some stickers, you will be fined if you don't follow [reasons]" but no exact "fine" amount. Obviously private parking companies can't even "fine" you, so was this statement even valid to begin with?
    No, and it created no 'relevant obligation' (to display the permit) that gave rise to any parking charge, nor did it point you towards any further t&cs on signage to discover the parking charge sum. So no contract existed to pay a £100 charge.

Anyway I am helping 5 people in Brighton with OPC threats of court, and over the months none of them have had a claim so I think you can relax for now. It won't be QDR!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Could someone possibly clear this up?

That will be a judge when you are taken to court - and even then that judgment can be checked for accuracy.

I'm going out on a limb here and suggest you wait for a court claim. I'll go out even further on the limb and say you'll be waiting a long time.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So I have received a letter from QDR solicitors...
    Have you thought about searching the forum for QDR?

You will find several posts, some less than a week old, telling you that QDR never start court proceedings.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So going off the assumption that this will go to court

I'm with IamEmanresu.
    I'm going out on a limb here and suggest you wait for a court claim. I'll go out even further on the limb and say you'll be waiting a long time.

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/One_Parking_Solution.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • BreadedScampi
    Options
    Have you thought about searching the forum for QDR?
    More specifically, I've been searching for One Parking Solutions court claims, and saw that someone else had received a Letter Before Claim from them recently. I had previously thought that they didn't litigate much. Can't find the exact thread now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure