Avro Elec and Gas

Options
dnpark38
dnpark38 Posts: 105 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
I have just finished a year with Avro fixed duel fuel and upset because I have ended up almost £300 in credit . So far have asked for it back 3 times but not received it yet.
I have renewed, thinking now I was foolish, they have put DD payment up and also my usage even though they know my last years.
So even If I get my present credit back it will be a lot higher in a years time.

Are they dishonest or just inefficient?

They are penalty free to leave so that's good but I'm frightened I will loose my credit.

Are all these companies that have no charge to leave as bad?

Comments

• cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When working out your credit with Avro remember that they take a payment before your supply starts and thus in the second year the credit that you think you are owed is according to them less the advance payment. If they are still not competitive for you then you can leave exit fee free.
  • dnpark38
    Options
    Yes they took money in advance so I was in credit and it got more month by month.
    The Credit they now hold is almost same amount I was supposed to save by moving from previous supplier.
  • vickssinex
    vickssinex Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    When our 1 year fix with Avro ended in April we decided to stick with them for another year because they were still competitive. As we were also in credit with them they have kept our monthly payment at the same amount, which seemed fair enough to us.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 June 2017 at 1:22PM
    Options
    dnpark38 wrote: »
    I have just finished a year with Avro fixed duel fuel and upset because I have ended up almost £300 in credit . So far have asked for it back 3 times but not received it yet.
    I have renewed, thinking now I was foolish, they have put DD payment up and also my usage even though they know my last years.
    So even If I get my present credit back it will be a lot higher in a years time.

Are they dishonest or just inefficient?

They are penalty free to leave so that's good but I'm frightened I will loose my credit.

Are all these companies that have no charge to leave as bad?

You are right to be upset.

Either you way overestimated your anticipated annual consumption from the outset, which could well result in being offered not the cheapest supplier/tariff for what you actually used

or, the supplier raised your monthly payments mid-term without good cause, and you did nothing about it presumably
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits

As for how you think of yourself for simply renewing, well... :cool:

If you leave a supplier and get a final bill with a resultant credit balance, you are entitled to have this back
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/reclaim-energy-bill-refunds

Good luck!
  • dnpark38
    Options
    Just had e-mail saying the refund of my credit will be in my bank 25 th June.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure