First timer getting confused please help

Options
Hiya so im probably going to sound really stupid ..

i have a credit card with my bank and my 0% is end is comming up next month.. i have about £500 on the card and reading the mse web page says transfering is basically the way to go to avoid paying interest .. ive used the calculator on mse and it has said ill be 100% approved and get 32 months balance transfer so aslong as i pay off before end of this term no extra interest charge...yes?? (Sorry newbie):)
what concerns me is the need to know bits : Don't spend/withdraw cash on this card. It usually isn't at the cheap rate and cash withdrawals hit your credit file << does this mean i cant spend on it at all ? :question:
For example i buy concert tickets with my current one online is this not allowed? Or am i reading this wrong? I dont use my current at atms anyway is that all it means its a bit pf a pointless card if i cant use it for spends occasionally lol:D

also any other advice appreciated... thanks in advance! X

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes to the first question - you can transfer the balance and pay 0% interest on it for 32 months so long as you make the minimum payment.

And you can make purchases on either card but pay it all back in full following the statement to avoid any interest.

Don’t use either for withdrawing cash
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Get another card - do a balance transfer (you are likely to pay a fee) and pay off at least the minimum every month. Don't use the card for anything else.

Keep your existing card, put spending on it and pay the statement amount off in full every month.

Different cards for different purposes is the way to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure