Repaying my PCDL with a 0% credit card?

Options
Hello,
I've been using MoneySavingExpert for a while as I'm still figuring out the big, bad financial world.
I borrowed £7,000 from the Co-Op to do my Masters degree.

I'm an actor and I'm working a zero hour contract day job. I need as long as possible to pay back the loan. I had planned to get a 0% credit card to repay the loan once I finished my course (which is now). I've been improving my credit rating over the course of the year. Unfortunately, the credit card I've got (Tesco Foundation Card) has upped my 0% credit limit, but only to £600.

I'm not sure what the best course of action is from this point. Whether to take a loan with a lower interest rate to pay off the Co-Op or whether I should try for a 0% money transfer card. I'm not even sure whether I'm able to use my Tesco card to pay the loan off as I'm confused about whether its a spending card, or whether I can balance transfer on it.

I'm getting very lost in it all. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I've got until September before I need to start paying it back, so would like a low interest solution in place by then.

Comments

• Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I seriously doubt any lender will entertain a £7000 loan if you're working a zero hours contract. They don't see it as a steady income.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try using the card and clearing the balance when your statement comes in. After 6 months apply for a money transfer card and see if the limit is any better.

You may not be able to get a low interest solution in the time frame your looking for.
  • LongLegs1
    Options
    That's a really great suggestion for the short term.

Thanks for this!
  • LongLegs1
    Options
    I've also now got the added confusion of having borrowed £7,000 on my PCDL, but haven't quite borrowed enough to pay all my tuition fees (I was hoping to top up myself rather than borrow more money).
    I went back to the Co-Op and Alex to add Dan addition £1,500 to my loan but they said as I've finished studying they won't give me anymore money. I can't afford to pay my school directly as well as pay back my PDCL and no one at the Co-op seems to have any suggestions or flexibility.
    Can anyone suggest anything?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    LongLegs1 wrote: »
    I went back to the Co-Op and Alex to add Dan

Who are Alex and Dan?
  • kwame41
    kwame41 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    'ask to add another' maybe :-)
  • Mr_Underwriter
    Options