Some categories no longer allow multi variation listings?

Options
Some categories no longer allow multi variation listings? Anyone heard anything on this?
One of my listings didn't auto re-new on "good till cancelled" for this reason and a message to this effect came through from eBay.
Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A pet hate of mine. I hate them with a passion.

In my opinion there should be no multiple items that are totally different item/price. Ie selling an electrical item for ££ then finding the price quoted is for a plug only.

Multi listings should be, we have these in several colours or sizes, Or we sell this by the metre and you choose how many metres you want.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Radintel
    Options
    ballisticbrian you're right. Some have had limitations for a long time. And others are not. Everything depending on the category
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    I was wondering had I missed an announcement about expansion or changes of the categories in which they are allowed or disallowed?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was wondering had I missed an announcement about expansion or changes of the categories in which they are allowed or disallowed?

I can't find any announcement and wonder if there might be a glitch?I tried relisting some of my normal stock(mine are just colour variations on a widget, all the same price ) and it told me I couldn't add variations as it wasn't supported. Then 5 minutes later I suddenly could add variations?

However I haven't had any re lists fail (yet!)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure