Received P45 whilst on maternity leave

Options
13»

Comments

• Christmas-fairy
    Options
    That calculation is used for Statutory Maternity Pay, which I was not entitled to so claimed Maternity Allowance.
    Yes I'm entitled to Maternity Leave and my employer has confirmed in writing I'm entitled to 52 weeks maternity leave
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quite right, you're entitled to mat leave from day 1 of service, it's whether you get statutory maternity pay or not that is dependent on length of service.

How did you get on with ACAS?

As Undervalued said they won't give you 'legal advice' but they should give you an understanding of your rights.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    If you have not been replaced as maternity cover for the original member of staff but her duties are being covered by existing members of the team, then there would appear to be a fair reason for your dismissal, that is on the grounds of redundancy.

However, do check they have paid for any holiday accrued but not taken and paid at least one week's notice pay (if you can prove they didn't give you notice - and more if contractually you were entitled to more notice). Were there any adjustments on your payslip?

longer contractual notice can throw out the statutory requirement to full pay during statutory notice.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    and subject to receiving appropriate notice of the time to be taken.
    Correct. The must give notice of at least twice the length of the holiday. If they want to be really difficult they could keep giving two days notice to take a day's leave!

contractual terms can mean that notice can be Zero or notice previously given ie. a term that says all holiday accrued during maternity must be taken in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure