Swagbucking into 2018

Options

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SergioRam wrote: »
    Thanks for your warning re: updates! Is there a way to stop the O/S updating? Did yours ask you first or did it automatically update?

This little phone is the only thing good about SB right now, regularly bringing in 70 each day.
    I'm glad that's working for you.
    I can't recall whether it prompted me or I was looking through the settings and found the update available, but I definitely had to grant permission and it needed apps deleting to make room for the install, so not a momentary event. Should probably have googled it first I think.
  • SergioRam
    Options
    thisone wrote: »
    I'm glad that's working for you.
    I can't recall whether it prompted me or I was looking through the settings and found the update available, but I definitely had to grant permission and it needed apps deleting to make room for the install, so not a momentary event. Should probably have googled it first I think.

Cheers! I'll keep an eye out.

I ran out of space for mine and stuck a 16g mini SD card, a huge amount of faffing and eventually got things to install on card. Its amazing, I hated this phone when first got it but now with SB being so s*** I'm totally dependent on it to hit target.

Hope you're new phone works well!
  • thisone
    Options
    Hopefully that'll last you long enough to at least pay for itself and take you through to when they release some new phones which will have a better potential lifespan.
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    thisone wrote: »
    Thank you, I've not tried that one. The sdk (adb) hasn't shown my phone as being connected, though it may just be a poor connecter or that I wasn't in recovery mode.

Did you go into the developer options in settings and allow usb debugging?

I think I had to do that before it could be seen on the pc.
  • thisone
    Options
    culpepper wrote: »

I did that, but good point I'll reset it and do it again. Thanks.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Swag Code Alert! Enter Wint3rSwago in the Swag Code box until 6PM GMT to earn 3SB
  • Bobbybun
    Bobbybun Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Swag Code Alert! Enter Wint3rSwago in the Swag Code box until 6PM GMT to earn 3SB.
  • Emmaaar22
    Emmaaar22 Posts: 731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not a happy bunny today I've completed 2x Gold surveys both for 60SB and neither have credited - have had to raise 2 tickets which I suspect they will find suspicious even though I was careful to make sure my screenshots of the completion page have to time and date stamp included showing they are hours apart and for different URL's.

Not going to waste my time taking any more surveys today if they won't credit.

Was one of them the 5 minute one on the homepage?
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, £100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, £250 Zalando Voucher and £250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,329 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Completed Swago with no problems :eek: All squares are covered and I'm just holding on until I need the points. I'm going up to London on Friday so will try to hold out until then before I redeem them :)
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £150 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • thisone
    Options
    culpepper wrote: »

Thank you culpepper that got me into adb and fastboot, I don't think I'd accepted the dialogue that appeared once the phone was connected to my computer.

The lack of an 'enable' command apparently suggests that Vodafone have altered things at a deep level to prevent the phone from being rooted.

On a brighter note, the Prime 7 looks really quite impressive in white with a pale gold metal band around it. (Amazon same day delivery)
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport