Curve Card: Spending Curve Reward Points?

Options
I've got 20 Curve reward points (which I understand is equivalent to 20p) but I don't understand how I spend them. I know I just select the Curve points as the funding source in the App, but do I then need to make a transaction for 20p or less?

Comments

• SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    I've got 20 Curve reward points (which I understand is equivalent to 20p) but I don't understand how I spend them. I know I just select the Curve points as the funding source in the App, but do I then need to make a transaction for 20p or less?

Yes.

I used mine to make a payment towards my credit card bill.
  • WrS
    WrS Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Top up amazon account is another option
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 October 2019 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Cheers both.

Edit: The snag being none of my credit cards will accept a payment of 20p, nor will my NS&I Direct Saver.
  • Fingerbobs
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    Cheers both.

Edit: The snag being none of my credit cards will accept a payment of 20p, nor will my NS&I Direct Saver.

And nor will Amazon!

Any other ideas?
  • jay1804
    jay1804 Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    Go to a supermarket (e.g. Sainsbury's) and ask to make a partial payment.
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    When I had small amounts in my Curve Cash/Reward wallet I paid 9p onto my water account online.

You could do that, or Council Tax, Electricity etc?
  • trient
    trient Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    It should be possible to load your Amazon balance with a small amount. That’s how I used about £1.66 worth of Curve points myself. Not sure if there’s a limit on how low you can go.
  • Fingerbobs
    Options
    trient wrote: »
    It should be possible to load your Amazon balance with a small amount. That’s how I used about £1.66 worth of Curve points myself. Not sure if there’s a limit on how low you can go.

Amazon's minimum is £1.

Santander credit card has a minimum debit card payment of £5, which applies even if the card balance is less than a fiver (I know this from previous experience trying to pay off a small balance by debit card.)
  • Fingerbobs
    Options
    Just in case anyone is wondering, I referred a friend to Curve, received the £5 bonus, then paid £5.20 into my NS&I Direct Saver.
  • Fingerbobs
    Options
    trient wrote: »

Amazon's minimum is £1.

Just following-up on my own post - there is a way that a Curve Cash balance of less than £1 can be used on Amazon: Next time you place an order, preload your Gift Card Balance with the full order value minus the amount of Curve Cash you have available. Place the order spending the Gift Card balance, and select your Curve card as the payment method for the remainder.

For example, if you have 60p of Curve Cash points to use up, and you're placing a £30 Amazon order, first load up your Amazon Gift Card Balance with £29.40. Place the order, selecting the option to use your Gift Card balance, and select your Curve card to pay the remaining £0.60.

I've just done exactly this, and it worked like a charm.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback