Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope yesterday went well :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • scotdebs
    scotdebs Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Yay found your new diary - great to see you are doing so well with your saving pots etc Im still in the same mess I was when I last was brave enough to log on - but hey ho giving it another go - god loves a trier
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey Brizzle hope all is well with you and your dd got what she wanted with her results.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope you're having a fab family break :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hope all's going well with you and the family brizzle.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all :wave:

Sorry its been too too long... holidays had a slightly unexpected non digital dimension as we had no signal or Wi-fi...whoop... so whilst terribly relaxing it was not much cop for cruising the MSE diaries :(

DD1 did great thanks, enough for the course of her choice she thinks and a testament to her hard work over the last few years. She is working on her UCAS personal statement now alongside applying for as many jobs as she can. Bit daunted by the lack of structure she says but hopefully coming out of it this week.

Had an amazing holiday in Scotland (hi Debs :D fab to hear from you) and then a spin across to Europe. Back around a week and its been full on at work so head is definitely still adjusting. Also what happened to my weather?!! No more flip flops :eek: and dark mornings. I am indeed in mourning.

One of the many upsides of holidays in remote places (over 500 miles away and a ferry ride, it was lush) was the huge amount of reading and some of this was some oldies like Your Money or Your Life but also I discovered the Barefoot Investor...and it really resonated with me. So we are starting that process and have sorted a new YNAB accordingly....feels quite exciting really. I am also looking at changing my work up a bit but thats not certain so we shall see. I worked very little in August so money is tight but we are making some super cheap meals of lentils etc (in fact a rice/lentil risotto is on the stove now for lunches and one dinner next week) and the meal planning is sorted. DD1 is cleaning and doing some housework until she can pay some rent so happy with that.

So...a cheap holiday in our van, cheap meals for the next few weeks, a new YNAB and no s8it Aussie straight talking guide to help us through, good results for DD1 and a DD2 who seems to have worked out she needs to work and did something most days in her summer :T and some new irons in the fire....its all good. Just wish my exercise was as on track !!!

Love to all

Brizzle x
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    So lovely to hear from you brizzle sometimes a digital detox can be just what the doctor ordered. All sounds fab in your world.

I've recently found this recipe (linked from a fellow DFW'er) and it's fab, cheap and tasty on the colder autumnal :eek: days.

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2014/02/18/recipe-countdown-to-book-launch-chocolate-chilli-and-black-bean-soup-from-a-girl-called-jack/

Take care and here's to a good September :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,454 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad all is well and DD1 is happy with her results :)

Blast from the past with Your Money or Your Life - Alvin Hall was fab, used to love his programmes :)

The weather has indeed gone pear shaped :( What happened to the Indian Summer they promised us?
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,542 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Loved Alvin Hall too.
    Wonder what happened to him.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,454 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Beanie the last I heard he was a motivational speaker.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure