ESA Assessment - Another query sorry

Options

Comments

• jerryse
    jerryse Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    yeah i read reg 29 - was hoping I'd read it right.

I could handle it if they gave me a months notice to going to JSA as a worst case... i just need to stay clean off drugs and booze for a few weeks and get my bearings again.

I hate being on benefits and its my mother and people working with me fighting me down from getting a job to quickly.

I'll try and calm down and have a proper read of all the info.... its just such a dejecting situation when you are at your lowest... why do we train and have GP's if the DWP know so much better? im so angry.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you're found fit for work your ESA will stop straight away but as Alice stated you have appeal rights.

You've had some great advice and lots of links please do have a read through everything and try to concentrate on the assessment on Friday.
  • jerryse
    Options
    hi guys - ive calmed down a bit.

first i called to move the appt back to gove me time to think and research, its not until the 2nd now.

after that i spoke to some people on jsa and it doesnt sound too bad.

so now my only concern is, if they stop your ESA, are you then starting a fresh JSA claim?

If my next payment was due on the 9th, and they cancelled it on the 8th, would i not get paid on the 9th and be calling for a new appt with JSA, then having to wait a week until i could sign on etc?

Im just hoping there will be some help with the transition IF i have to switch.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You may wish to check that you're not in a UC area:
    https://ucpostcode.entitledto.co.uk/ucdate

If you are, then it will be UC you need to claim if you fail the ESA assessment (and don't appeal) rather than JSA.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • jerryse
    Options
    hey, no i went down the jsa route before esa im 100% in a JSA and NOT in a UC area

THANK THE LORD :)
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    jerryse wrote: »
    hey, no i went down the jsa route before esa im 100% in a JSA and NOT in a UC area

THANK THE LORD :)

Are you absolutely sure about that? If you've just got your ESA assessment date then you've probably been on it for about three months and new areas are going 'full service' all the time.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • jerryse
    Options
    I have checked.

Im just trying to find out how the transition to JSA works if they stop your ESA - do you you start a new claim from scratch?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    jerryse wrote: »
    I have checked.

Im just trying to find out how the transition to JSA works if they stop your ESA - do you you start a new claim from scratch?
    If you're found fit for work after the assessment then yes, you'll need to start a new JSA claim. You'll be paid your ESA up until the decision is made and then it will stop.
  • jerryse
    Options
    including an initial week where you get nothing? So you get cut off and essentially lose money?

jfc what a joke!
  • poppy12345
    Options
    I really think you should just try to concentrate on your assessment and try not to think of what "could" happen. I know it's very stressful going through these assessments, everyone feels the same but it won't help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure