“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's been a failure! Your health is what's important and I'm glad to read you're feeling a wee bit better. January's a bit of a write off month anyway I think. I'm usually just happy to make it through... Sending positive vibes for you for Feb :)

Holiday plans sound like good fun but I do think you should have a night in a hotel for your birthday! Maybe not very MSE but sounds very relaxing all the same and you deserve it. (Here's my impulsive side coming out... No wonder I got in debt!)
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not a failure - you've had a tough time and you're starting to come through it. Plenty of time to get back on track when you feel up to it xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think it's likely to be pretty lazy and short lists for a few weeks yet. Even more so when the smalls are back. I need to focus on the basics and realise that is enough for now. Help is on hand for school runs, cooked food and things that need picking up. Will probably do online shopping rather than calling in too many calls for help though :o There's room in the budgets to cover help for other things. Garden/ironing and other things if needed short term. Although going to just try and plod along myself I think.

I've sent the baking things for my birthday cake away with the smalls today so they can do that next weekend without me needing to help :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Dearest wannabefree

You are so hard on yourself. If you were reading this diary, you would be full of admiration for the strong woman who keeps going whatever life throws at her.

I speak from experience when I beg you to treat yourself with love. Medications can really mess with you and leave you feeling out of kilter with the world.

Here in the virtual MSE forum world, you have so many in your corner.

You do what you need to get by. Post, don't post - whatever you feel able to do. Just know we are here, encouraging you and sending you love

Take lots of care of yourself
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    117pauline wrote: »
    Dearest wannabefree

You are so hard on yourself. If you were reading this diary, you would be full of admiration for the strong woman who keeps going whatever life throws at her.

I speak from experience when I beg you to treat yourself with love. Medications can really mess with you and leave you feeling out of kilter with the world.

You do what you need to get by. Post, don't post - whatever you feel able to do. Just know we are here, encouraging you and sending you love

Pauline

Lovely words that I agree with totally :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't believe it seems like my diary has been deleted now. 5 years worth gone :(
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Oh no SA :( this is getting ridiculous :mad:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's so upsetting when it goes - I know that sounds stupid, but all the advice, comments support etc I regularly read back over my replies to just refresh the ways of getting it right etc.

Thank you Pauline and HH. To be honest last week I rarely even sent a text. I didn't move of the sofa at all once home from hospital. The last thing I could do was post on here. I couldn't even read along other diaries etc and my replies would have no doubt been nonsense and full of spelling mistakes and not making sense.

I do appreciate the support and comments though, lovely to come back too. Along with the texts and understanding I replied when I could sometimes more than a day later.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Just a quick post as I'm supposed to be having an early night.
    Good to see you back posting, hope you are a lot better soon x
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,042 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    117pauline wrote: »
    Dearest wannabefree

Pauline

Beautifully said Pauline - I wholeheartedly agree. Wannabe, hope you are soon going from strength to strength but with your children the age they are, not to mention you and youngest have health issues, really any progress is brilliant!

I like the idea of sending the ingredients away so they can make your birthday cake without you helping. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport