Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So in money terms.

Going forward

Rent/council tax - I can't change.
    Gas/Electric/Water - £36 a week (this builds up on the meter some weeks but pretty much evens itself out - £15 electric £10 gas £11 water)
    Food - £35 a week - This seems high really but it fits in and it probably won't be spent - treats and things come out of this
    Phone/Virgin/Tv license - £17 a week I've cut the Virgin right down, but would cancel if things get too tight.
    Holiday - £10 a week (this covers the cost of 3 but only the 2 are booked) I know this is a luxury :o

We don't have an entertainment budget we use food spends, no costs on haircuts and things. I've taken youngest's medical stuff out of my budget and keeping it separate. Her DLA more than covers this and anything else should she need.

School costs a fortune.

This is just the short version of a very detailed plan I have :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Completely agree about not being beholden, and you are more than a big girl, you are a tenacious and inspiring young woman. Hope you continue to feel better x
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you EG x

and in light of all confessions, I'm really tempted to book the night in a cheapy hotel for my birthday (just a bed to sleep in) - sea air and time out :cool: It's less than £20 but still seems 'wrong'
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,355 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That £20 would be money well spent for a break away from it all, even just for one night.

Good decision that you've cut the ties by not using the caravan and making your own plans. My kids used to love Haven when they were little, many happy memories. We liked Perran Sands the best, went there a few times.

I'm glad you're sounding more like you and making plans. Hopefully the smalls will be back with you soon.

Take care xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Luckily a change in antiemetic drugs seems to have made a world of difference today - hopefully it lasts. I have quite a lot of things on at appointments next week and then fingers crossed the smalls will be home assuming I can put a brave face on and 'manage'

Definitely failing on the lists/cleaning and extras lists. But as long as they are fed and looked after then I'll take it as managing. Have someone else doing school runs and school have been amazing giving discounts on breakfast/after school clubs for bigger two.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Think I was having a day of madness yesterday with all plans non mse.

I'm over wanting to go away for the night for my birthday (well no I'd love too what I mean is I've realised I shouldn't) and I won't be going on the holiday with friends. The two we have booked are less than £200 Including the train fares/accommodation etc.

Anyway nothing much else going on today although I will get of the sofa long enough to shower.
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    :eek: Not again to the thread deletion, Wannabe! :eek:

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better but it sounds as though you still have quite a way to go so be kind to yourself! *Hugs*
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done for making MSE decisions Wannabe, but I'm glad you still have a couple of breaks to look forward to :).

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better too.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I think the fact the new anti sickness is working better makes me feel better. Just being able to actually watch TV/read on here etc. Something I have to get use to short term at least so just need to 'man up' I think.

I agree about the holidays :o I think I just want to get away from here for a while :o I guess in reality I know it doesn't change things. Maybe if friend is off work near my birthday he can drive to the seaside and I can get the (freezing) sea air that way :rotfl:

Money draining out to smalls though. DS lost his coat. Then today needed new school shoes. I have sent money over to take them to soft play and a local event tomorrow. Along with food and things to keep them happy. Least I can do though.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I'm ending these goals now as nothing more will be done this month. I will do February's goals to fit in with how things are here at the minute.

January goals

Extra Income

Debt
    £135 to Council tax Fail
    £60 to Rent arrears This happened I think

Plans
    6th Sisters Birthday This seems so long ago
    Attend all youngest appointments Done, even if not all by me.
    Decorate Bathroom Yeah right. Off the list for a few months.
    Decorate Toilet Same as above
    Decorate My room And again

Spends planned
    Buy a kettle
    [STRIKE]Buy mugs (£2.50)[/STRIKE]
    Buy a bed
    [STRIKE]Buy youngest bed (£45)[/STRIKE]
    Buy TV
    Buy a photo frame
    [STRIKE]Sister birthday cards[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Organise birthday party[/STRIKE]
    Girls school shoes
    Make sweet cones

Unplanned Spends

*Birthday party booked £135.
    They are having a joint party because they are all so close together. DD 17th Feb, DS 2nd March and youngest 8th March.
    Paid for and I paid for the holidays and I bought DS coat and shoes. Childcare = expensive let's not even add it up.

As you can see pretty much a total failure of a month on any part. Next months list will be different. Probably - make sure I'm still breathing - remember to drink and eat food :o :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback